I just bought a new Toyota. Should I feel guilty?

Yes but a ONE of a kind, just think you would own the only 3 cylinder Ford Fetiva in the world. LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Um, I'll pass?

Now, if we were talking about a Toyota 800 Sport...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Did Toyotas 800 Sport have a 3 cylinder engine, like that one of a kind Fetiva you could have purchased? ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

No reason to feel quilty. The Prius is an interesting and unique vehicle. I know two people who own them and they both are very happy. I have personal doubts about the economics behind hybrids, but you decieded it was worth the cost. Enjoy.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Actually, they're US companies. So they pay taxes to the US.

If you beleive differently, do *your* homework, and show us.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Festivas have 1.3L four cylinder engines. They were built by Kia for Ford and based on a Mazda design. After Hyundai bought Kia, Ford stopped importing them (last year was 1993). One of my Mother's neighbors has a Festiva (not sure what year), he makes a 100 mile round trip to his job everyday and has been doing it for over 12 years (he bought the car used). Last time I asked him about the car it had over 300,000 miles. Maybe his is the only one left in the world, but he loves it (it is a dark blue - is this the one you see?). It is definitely not my cup of tea. However, according the IIHS injury loss rating it was not particularly unsafe for such a small car. If you think recalls and TSBs are an indicator of quality, it would appear to be a decent car - no recalls, and no significant TSBs. I would never recommend one. They never sold in large numbers and since they are not really Fords, parts are likely to be scarce. They are lots of better choices for older small cars. Despite this there are "Festiva enthusiasts." There is even a Festiva Web Ring. I guess there is no car so mundane that someone doesn't love it.

Actually 3 cylinders is not a bad engine configuration. The internal balance is not much worse than a four and it makes for a very compact package.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

You are correct All the German Ford Fiestas and the Korean Kia Festivals sold in the US were Ford and Mazda fours, they were never sold with a 3 cy. He must have been looking at a two stroke SAAB. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Thanks for the info, Ed!

And, I'm willing to bet it's the 100 mile trip that's saving it! I drove 58 miles one way to work for years, and the car ran great all that time. It rarely made short trips, and lasted a long time!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I *HAD* a 2-stroke Saab! Neat car.

Reply to
Hachiroku

{don't be a wise-@ss...I screwed up once...don't expect it to happen again...} ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

We all do it on occasion ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

NAH!@ I'm like Mary Poppins: "Nearly Perfect in Every Way!" ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

But can you say "Supercalifrigiexpialidocious"?

Reply to
n5hsr

You could ship the car/clear title to my house. I don't mind feeling guilty.

8)
Reply to
Danny G.

With gusto! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Who's Gusto? I don't remember seeing him in the movie.

Also, can you say it backwards?

GD&RRF

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

Clear title? Are you kidding, he still has 34 more $910 monthly payments to make. LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You bought what you decided was best for you because Detroit let you down yet again. Guilty? Detroit should feel the guilt for foisting shoddy vehicles on America for so long.

Reply to
NickySantoro

He spelled it wrong. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Again, now you know how I've felt since 1979 and every vehicle purchase since. Didn't we win WW2? Then why am I using a Japanese Amateur Radio and driving a Japanese car and working on a Japanese computer?

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr