I've heard of a place where they give you $500 if the car can drive in their properties

I'm in Toronto. I've heard of a place where they give you $500 if the car can drive in their properties.

Reply to
mikesmith9999

I'm in Mass, and they will pay that for any

Reply to
Hachiroku

If you weren't in Toronto I'd buy it and burn it up delivering newspapers. Perfect car for that.

Hmmmmm...I'm always looking for generic Toyota parts: relays, screws, etc etc. If you send it to the wrecker, let me know and I'll toss you a few $$$ for some stuff...But no Euros!!! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Yes there is, but I heard it is up on Ellesnere Island and the car can not be more than three years old ;)

Reply to
Mike hunt

In Cal., they will give you $500 for old cars. It is to get them off the road, so that they foul up the air. The cars has to be able to go about

150 m.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Same here. Has to be able to go 100 ft in each direction, and have a current registration.

Whatever Calif does, Mass soon follows...

That's because of the pollution levels in the Eastern part of the state. Boston was getting smoggy, so when Calif came up with the CARB regs, Mass soon adopted them.

At first it was like when emission controls were first introduced to the automobile engine. Engineers had a hell of a time trying to keep up the HP output with every new reg that came along. Cars sold in Mass were rated about 15HP under VT and CT versions. So, we bought 'our' (my first wife and my) last Corolla in CT before they went '50 state emissions'.

Reply to
Hachiroku