Idler pulley '87 Corolla

Have an 87 Corolla 4ALC (I believe).

Seems to be a very slight squealing noise which I think I have isolated to what I believe is the idler pulley.

Didn't spend much time looking at it, as it has been pouring rain and the noise is so slight and I have no "indoor repair" area at the moment.

I haven't replaced one of these for some 25 years, and then it was on a Datsun 210 and it was a simple job.

This looked a bit more complicated. Anyone have any words of encourage or (dis)couragement?

Reply to
timbirr

How many miles are on the accessory drive belt? What is the belt's condition?

An idler pulley should not be that difficult to replace.

Reply to
Ray O

I remember replacing the belt about five, six years ago. So, probably

60K or so, give or take 10-20K.

;>0

Reply to
timbirr

Just the bearing can be easily replaced inexpensively -- probably has an SWF # on it.

Reply to
Wolfgang