If the Prius is a "cockroach"....

....then this is a flea:

Fugly little thing, isn't it? I suppose if it's just you, or you're just a couple, it makes good economical sense, but, I mean, damn.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

The key is parking. In places where there's "no place to park", little cars like this, that can drive straight to the curb, have a significant advantage.

Reply to
dizzy

Oh I know it has practical uses, especially with gas, but my 6'2" hubby couldn't work with this thing.

LOL

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Or it might be just the thing to drive directly to the funeral home, when a Suburban rolls over you. They can say all they want about the many airbags and roll cages and whatever, but I'd put its safety about midway between a Fiat 600 and a BMW Isetta (for the old-timers to remember). About as much protection as on a Vespa with a helmet. And they call "starting at $12,000" cheap? For that money you could add some pocket change and get a Yaris or a 5 year old Lincoln Town Car. At 6

0r 7 thousand, it might make sense for a shopping car, but even so, I wouldn't like to be anywhere near it when a Buick hits it. >
Reply to
mack

"mack" ...

True, but I'm philosophical about owning a small car. There will always be something bigger that can mow ya down, so I might as well save money.

:-)

Natalie, ray of sunshine

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

the smart car is great for a single city driver.. great mileage and safe...

Reply to
GoMavs

When a suburban rolls over you?

The Suburbans front end might be a little messed up if it hits the smart car. You need to do some studying on Youtube. Search for SMART CAR ... find a smart car crash test...

The smart car is smartly built for a reason...

Reply to
GoMavs

yeah, just remember that when a Buick plows into you and as they put your remains in the body bag, you can tell them all about what great mileage you got in this rattletrap, which cost you "only" $12,000. Bottom line, would you buy one for your teenager to drive to school in ? It's the last vehicle (on four wheels) that I'd want my child to have.

Reply to
mack

Mack... if a Buick slammed into you, you would walk away with scratches and bruises

Reply to
GoMavs