Ignition Key & Transmitter

Hello, I lost one of my main ignition keys plus a transmitter to lock/unlock the vehicle. I purchased a new key and it and the spare keys had to be re-programed in order to prevent theft at a cost of $70.00 I did not purchase another transmitter as the cost is about $100.00. I thought that the $70.00 was robbery, let alone the $100.00 for the transmitter. Was I robbed or is this considered normal pricing at any dealers.

Reply to
rjordan392

$70.00 for purchasing new keys with embedded chips plus re-programming the system sounds like a fair price to me, certainly much less than the cost of a stolen car.

Reply to
Ray O