Immobilizer window decals

I got my 2007 Corolla CE about a month ago and it's got a factory immobilizer installed, but there are no warning decals applied to the windows. The light inside is OK at night, but during the day it's hardly visible. I've checked around on the net, and I see various crime prevention groups promoting the use of warning decals, but I can't find anyone that sells them! My city is probably the car theft capital of NA, and a window sticker would probably help persuade some young punk to look elsewhere for his next joyride.

Anyone know where you can buy them?

Reply to
homepc

Your local auto parts store probably carries decals. The Toyota dealer should be able to get replacement decals from another model, or you can search ebay "theft deterrent decals"

Reply to
Ray O

I'd ask the dealer for them.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Radio Shack sells them. I like the one THIS CAR PEOTECTED BY SMITH AND WESSON

Reply to
Wolfgang

And they look fake.

The "Protected by... Toyota Immobilizer" decals might garner better attention.

Reply to
B A R R Y

I asked my Toyota dealer, and they never carried them in their parts dept. I wrote to Toyota Canada and I'm still waiting for a reply.

Locally, immobilizer decals are only be supplied with an after market immobilizer installation. These decals are one of a kind and carry the serial number of the immobilizer. I even called CAA and my provincial auto insurer MPIC, and they couldn't supply me with a generic window decal either. Go figure.

Reply to
homepc

Do other Corollas on the lot have the decal? I've never noticed.

My '05 Tacoma has yellow immobilizer decals on both side windows, as do the Camrys and Highlander I know.

There are lots of parts that dealers don't "carry" unless they special order them.

If all else fails, you might be able to have a local sign shop cut you a vinyl version for a few bucks that you could stick on the inside of the glass.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Reply to
Wolfgang

Or they drag it up on the rollback, saving the wasted time of trying to start the car.

Reply to
B A R R Y