Indentured slavery

You need not get all excited at me for stating the facts. You need to look at Toyota Motor Corporation and its dealerships who practice indentured slavery with their employees. Practically Every Toyota and Lexus employee CURRENTLY employed at any Toyota and Lexus dealerships today are employed as indentured slaves. These employees have been stripped of their civil right to fairness, justice and equality. They cannot go to an open public court and have their grievances of racial harassment and discrimination heard if they are discriminated and or harassed. In order to eat and feed their families these employees were to give up their right as a Pre-Condition to employment. That is equivalent to an employer asking you to work as a 2nd class citizen. That is equivalent to employer asking a woman give up her right to police protection if she is sexually harassed or molested at work at one of these employers. The reason you don't hear about racial discrimination cases at these Toyota and Lexus dealerships anylonger is because the employers have made it difficult for the employees to get their day in court and seek justice and fairness. You do not have a right justice and fairness in an open PUBLIC court of law. Remember this a country where slavery was alive and well into the

1900's and lynching and hanging was a pass time for some in this country while others silently watched as entertainement in condoning the practice and were content with such human rights violation. It is ironic that a country that was founded on the premiss of having freedom to practice any religion and in GOD was actually buying selling and building their welath and nation on slavery. Back to the Indentured slavery, you need not look for proof here with me but to ask the CEO's, Chairman and Board members at Toyota Motor Corporation and with the owners of Puente Hills Toyota Fritz Hitchccock, Gregg Moss, vice president David Hall and the EEOC. Ask the EEOC how many cases have been filed against them. ask how many cases of racism do they settle in Forced Binding Arbitration where there is no public scrutiny or media to watch. Ask to see their employment applicatioins of soem of the current employees and you will see that they do have the right to go to an open public court just like the CEO's and board members have. IN fact your right as a minority is nothing at Toyota. Yes you can talk up a storm and blow smoke all you want but the facts are at your disposal. All you need to do is write to Toyota or Puente Hills Toyota. For that matter go their and apply for a job and you will see that before you even get an interview, you are forced to sign a waiver of your civil rights as a pre-condition to an interview or employment. Imagine if you are a minority or a woman and you are forced to giveup your civil right in order to earn a living and feed your family. As a person of good moral character and someone who believes in fairness and justice and equality for all you are asked to provide your support and boycott Toyota and Lexus Products. Don't be a part of their indentured slavery and deny minorities their civil rights. I can tell this much though, I am ex-employee of a Toyota franchise and I was told by the CEO"S and Toyota Motor Corporation management that Toyota dealerships are independent businesses and they ca run their businesses anyway they want. Toyota's statement to me is a clear endorsement of it's franchises racist practice or denila of civil rights of minorities and women. You may already know who is employed at a Toyota or Lexus dealerships as a mechanic or a salesman or in the business office who is now employed as a 2nd class citizen. Ask Toyota Motor Corporation if they care and are they sensitive to minority issues. It is a big deal. And yes their will be some who will read this and be angry and won't be able to stop their own racist behavior and arrogance, but that is O.K., it is nothing new.
Reply to
surffiji

Why don't they just look for jobs elsewhere? There are lots of sales jobs in the world for good sales people. And mechanics are in high demand everywhere. I suppose clerical worker might have fewer choices, but at least in my area, people who are willing to work can find a job.

If conditions are as horrible as you claim, it seems to me only an idiot would stay there.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 23:04:48 +0000, surffiji spake:

why? No pay? Holy mackerel.

in what way?

why not?

which right?

holy mackerel. that's harsh dude.

in what way?

do you have a left justice and fairness?

Are they hanging toyota salesmen!

Damn... I told them to tone it down about the mpg numbers.

Does David Hall worship the devil?

NO tell us.

Their employment apple loins?

Jesus.

they're just cars

I figured that

In what way?

I hear ya.

Reply to
Learning Richard

"surffiji" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

You are clearly unfamiliar with the term "indentured".

An "indenture" is a written contract binding a person into service to another for a certain length of time. The person thus bound is still a person, with certain legal rights, excepting the fact of the contract. A variant of this contract is still in use today, but is primarily a response to taxation levels.

"Slavery" refers to the condition of involuntarily being another's outright property, or chattel, without any kind of rights or freedom before the law. The situation is akin to the owner's possession of machinery or furniture.

"Indentured slavery" is a contradiction in terms, as the first term implies a voluntary contract entered into for the benefit of both parties, but the second flatly means involuntary participation with another.

Now, "indentured servitude", on the other hand, used to be a common contract before industrial times, when work (and food) were difficult to come by. Many of the early German immigrants to America came as indentured servants. This was preferable in many cases to being a freeman, as the owner of the contract was obliged by law to support you materially for the term of the contract. This helped reduce the risk of starvation and exposure. Indentures fell out of favor once the industrial revolution broadened the choice of employment, and increased wealth for the general population.

I suggest you improve your unsatisfactory situation by taking advantage of the choice offered you by the industrial revolution: Get a job somewhere else.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

I don't know if what you say is true or not but I spoke with a woman Toyota salesperson. She told me she gets $30 per new vehicle sale and $100 on each used vehicle sale. When I started selling cars in the fifties I earned $25 of each new vehicle and 2% of the gross on each used vehicle when a new car sold for around $2,500, not $25,000 ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

If you have so many issues withthe way Toyota Motors employees are treated, bring a class action lawsuit on their behalf. If you are not able to do that, buy another brand, and go sit down and shut the hell up. You sound like Jesse Jackson, shaking down corporate America.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

BRAVO, BRAAAAA-VO, John!

Reply to
Philip

You can always go to court - nobody can stop you. You may lose your job there, but you have that options. Slaves had no options. So don't be comparing slaves to employees.

Reply to
Dan J.S.

I looks to me that "surffiji" heard the euphemism "wage slave" and then went on a rant. Probably a college course. It's a troll.

Reply to
Philip

Is this why my stock in Toyota has begun to pick up?

Reply to
badgolferman

Hardly, the F&I guys are the people that make the MOST money in a big store. She was a 'Finder' or 'Bird dog,' as they are refered to in large stores. Those folks that first meet people on the lot and direct them to the vehicle in which they are interest, then turn them over to the SM for price quote.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You own Toyota STOCK? You must be Japanese. ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Perhaps you mean associates, not employees, like they call the folks that work at WalMart. In case you don't know the difference between an employee and an associate, it is around $8 an hour, on average LOL

mike hunt

"Dan J.S." wrote ...

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You've missed the whole point here genious. The issue is about an illegal act of civil rights violation, the very that allows you to express your opinions and views. It is not about getting a job in a better place, it is about practicing illegal civil rights violations against minorities. What they are doing is immoral and unfair against all people of color and woman and elders. You have no right to fairness as everyone else has and that is not legal. Forcing someone to give up their civil right to pursue hapiness and feed the family is a violation of civil rights. You'd be singing anothe tune if you were victimized as well.

Reply to
surffiji

What do you know about indentured slavery or slaves ? when was the last time you were subjected to slavery or indentured slavery? Unless you are a person of color or African American heritage you have no idea what the hell you're talking about. I happen to be a direct descendant of a Indentured slave. My grandfather was a slave under the British Colonialism. If you haven't been there or experienced it you wouldn't have ay idea. To read about indentured slavery in a book is one thing, to be a direct descendent of one is another. It's funny how you find it easy to judge and ridicule a victim or racism and enjoy with pleasure of ones suffering, imagine if you had the opportunity to inflict the pain yourself, you'd be in bigotry heaven.

Reply to
surffiji

Wait until you have a loved one who is victimized. Unless you already are a minority, someday you to could be involved with a person who is a from a minority class and that could be your girlfriend, lover, wife, or daughter-in-law or son-in-law and they are subjected to racism and denied their right to fairness and justice, than you just might understand. Surely you must someone in your life even a friend who is a minority that is affected by this. Or are you just another racist bigot who just don't care?

Reply to
surffiji

It's about having a level playing field. This is America and all of us should have equal rights and justice. When you have a place that denies you your civil rights to fairness, justice and equality and evades responsibility it is a serious problem. The law states their shall be no discrimination. I am only asking for waht you already enjoy, fairness and equality. Or are happier when only you can enjoy fariness, justice and equality and not minorities ?

Unless you've lived it and experienced it you'll never understand. Your hatred and bigotry only has room for answers that ignores the truth and puts the blame on the minorities for being people of color. Your hatred and bigotry does not allow you to think clearly and honestly. It's nothing new, it took hundreds of years to let go of slavery and ownership of other human beings and much to your dismay. I'm sure you'd rather see slavery of minorities back in practice. You seem to defend the racist practice of Toyota rather than exercise the question of morality and fairness. There are many like you in this world who blame the person for being a human being or person of color rather than questioning the racit policies and bigotry. How long do you want minorities to keep running from job to job to find peace and harmony so that he can feed his family. But thank you for your support anyway. May god bless you.

Reply to
surffiji

Why don't you learn how to quote, you stupid troll?

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Man! you can talk the talk and whinge with the best. I do not believe that you have any more experience of being a slave than anyone else here, some of whom I guess are black themselves. So your ancestor was a slave, get over it and praise be that you are not.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

And what would the average salesperson salary be before commission?

Huw

Reply to
Huw