Instrument panel lights flashing

I have a 97 Camry LE. 230,000 miles, runs great...but... on the instrument panel the cruise, abs & airbag symbol flash when the car is turned on, once in drive only the cruise symbol & airbag symbol continue to flash. I have had the car checked out - no one can find answers. Any suggestions?

Reply to
tireman

Hate to give you the old, Have you read the Manual answer, but...have you read the manual?

This sounds like it's trying to tell you that some system with the car is malfunctioning and needs attention. Unfortunately, I don't know what it is!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Are there any aftermarket accessories like a theft deterrent system, remote starter, audio system, etc. installed? If so, double-check the wiring to those items and make sure they are not interfering with the wiring.

Is the flashing interval even or are there occasional pauses?

Be aware that the cruise control and air bags are probably not working.

Who checked out the car? Did you take it to a Toyota dealer?

Reply to
Ray O