Interference or Non-Interference? look here!

Have a question about whether your car is an Interference or N-I engine?

Go to Autozone and look up the belt! If the engine is Interference it will tell you "Interference Application".

Reply to
Hachiroku

Well spotted. It correctly identifies mine as NI. Doesnt explain how come ive seen a few written-off engines from belt failures though ??!!

Reply to
Coyoteboy

Well spotted. It correctly identifies mine as NI. Doesnt explain how come ive seen a few written-off engines from belt failures though ??!!

And, uh, how FAST were your 'friends' going when they blew the belt?

Even in a N-I engine, at high RiPpeMS there can be 'valve-float' that can still cause the pistons to slam into the valves...

Or, so I have been told.

Reply to
Hachirokuハチ

Tried that; no joy. Couldn't find the note anyplace on the page. However, this might do it:

asterisk (*) is interference

Reply to
Derald

Odd that that place claims that Toyota does not give a maintenance interval for at least 6 engines.

Reply to
Danny G.

at least 6 engines Well, I dunno. The owner's manual for my old v6 Camry wagon is not exactly a model of clarity but there remains the question of how much faith to give to third-party sources. FWIW, in the Gates online catalog, interference applications are flagged, in red.

Reply to
Derald