iPod integration kit???

Hi, First of all, please excuse my english writing. I'd just bought a new 2007 Corolla and i bought tne =ABiPod Interface kit=BB by Toyota (the one one the Toyota.ca site). When i receveid my vehicule i was to have a very bad surprise. They call this an =ABiPod interface=BB. I call it a radio interface. Let me explained. I have absoloutly no control over my iPod because the device hook to the radio take over my player. I'm no longer able to navigate and scrolled with my iPod. A firmware in the box take over and i have to pilot my iPod trough the radio. Plus, i have only six playlists available AND without any information than: CD

1 for Playlist =ABname=BB and Track x for tune =ABname=BB. The trick is, you have to go back to iTunes and create playlists called TOYOTA1 trough 5. The 6 is for all the content of your iPod.

This is dumb and near false representation. It is far away from what user called and interface. It's a farce for 300$ canadian dollars.

When i plugged my iPod i can't no longer have my interface and i have to punch number 1 to 5 (you have to remember what's in it).

If you want absolute usual control over your iPod in your car, look at Dice Electronics. They have the product that i was thinking when i placed my ordrer at the dealership. I bought my car in Montreal, Canada. Dice is located in the U.S. and they shipped around the world.

I'm know =ABdealing=BB whit my dealership to obtain a proper iPod Kit. A real one.

Please keep me posted.

Reply to
Sylmac

Sounds like you should return the one you bought, get your money back, and go get the Dice one.

Reply to
Tomes

Certainly the better way to control it.

that'd suck. Not that way with my pioneer.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

Hmmm. I might be completely wrong, but there might some dip switches on the interface box that if set all one way allow for ipod radio interface, and if the set all the other will allow for the ipod handheld interface. Basically, the later would act as an auxillary input that will you to interface with something like the harmon kardon (sp?) drive+play.

My two cents. Please do not flame me (too much ;-) if I am wrong about this. It was something I read on a web site a while back.

Eric

Reply to
asdf

HAHAHA! Hey, Mark He (um, she?) told YOU!

And I don't see what being a Democrat, a Republican, or a Quebecoise has to do with understanding Technology! Some of us do, some don't.

If I were you, Sylmac, I'd bring the interface back, explain to the salesman it does NOT do what you expected, and then buy a QUALITY aftermarket interface. Check Crutchfield.com and see what they have. I saw a number of nice ones.

Not, on the Dice, if you have factory satellite radio, I think you'll lose that ability.

And, there is one nice thing about Pro Capitalism...you can bring stuff back!

(there is one small problem, however...electrical items are usually not returnable if you installed it yourself...)

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Unfortunately, Crutchfield does not ship to outside the U.S.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Hachiroku =E3=83=8F=E3=83=81=E3=83=AD=E3=82=AF a =C3=A9crit :

Hi Hachiroku,

Finally someone who replace the discussion. The final deal with my salesman is that they will take back there device and give me back my money. They are unwelling to admit the poor quality of there product but they will refund me. So, i'm still in the market to buy a real iPod interface. I don't have a satelite radio, just a plain normal AM FM CD.=20

Any suggestion?

Thanks Sylvain

Reply to
Sylmac

I saw a number of them at Crutchfield. But siince I don't have an iPod, but all my stereos play MP3's, I make my own discs. I'm looking for one to connect my XM Sat. radio, but that's different...

Check Crutchfield, Best Buy and Circuit City. I don't know if they are in Canada or can ship there, but at least it will give you an idea. I haven't been to Canada in 14 years, so I don't remember who the Big Guys were up there...

Good that they will refund your money, though!

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Customs. I bought some springs for my Supra from a guy in Canada, and it took longer, but they got here.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Ok, I got my Toyota ipod connector installed today and here is what you need to do to get complete complete control of you ipod through its own interface and not the radio. (On the side, I believe you can do the same thing with the USA Spec module for Toyota .)

You need to gain access to the Toyota ipod radio/cdplayer interface module - (i.e., remove the radio face plate and radio). Next, locate the two dip switches in the Toyota ipod radio/cdplay interface module and flip them to either all on or all off. Purchase a mini stereo to rca adaptor. Now, plug the rca jacks into the Toyota ipod radio/cdplayer interface module and mini-stereo jack into your ipod. You should now have full control of you ipod via your ipod.

Next, you can do what I did. I purchased the Harmon Kardon Drive+Play kit which has an adaptor that accepts the mini stereo (they gave me the mini stereo to rca adaptor as well.) I used the RCA/mini stereo cable from the Toyota ipod radio/cdplayer interface module and plugged it into my HK Drive+Play module and everything worked fine.

I purchased the HK Drive+Play from target.com online for ~$79.00(US)+~$13.00(US) for shipping and tax. I think the total was ~$92.00(US). (Note: I am not affiliated with Toyota, Target, or HK. I just found that this solution fit my needs.) My fun now is trying to figure out where to place everything in my car ...

Best of Luck, Eric

Reply to
asdf