IPOD interface - fe7c_1.jpg (0/1)

Hi, I would like to install a IPOD Interface in my 2009 Highlander Limited. The Company info states it is compatable with 2005 to 2008 Highlanders (but not tested on 2009 models) - I believe there is next to no difference between the 2008 and 2009 models , is this true?

I have the JBL 9 speaker system withFM/SAT & TEXT Buttons and BT handsfree - No XM/Sirius, NAV unit or DVD.

IPOD Interface:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Peripheral Electronics PXDP2 with PXH2TY1 harness.

Allows for control of the iPod from the factory radio OR the iPod OR steering wheel controls Unlimited access to all songs on your iPod Displays text on the radio (You won't find one for less that does this)

Allows browsing by artist, playlist, song title, album and genre Controls include track forward, track back, fast forward, rewind, shuffle and repeat Compatible with most iPods (See list below) Charges the ipod while it's connected (*** Unless noted below) Connects to the proprietary iPod 'docking' port for digital sound quality Includes the PXDP2 'brain' AND vehicle specific cable PXH2TY1 (Do other sellers include both?) Includes 12 foot iPod cable (Allows for a multitude of routing options) Radio MUST have a SAT or AM/SAT button Not compatible with Hybrid vehicles Not compatible with remote units (separate from radio) like CD Changer/DVD/satellite radio (Must disconnect) Fully compatible with navigation radios FAR superior to RF modulated (antenna) and cassette adapter devices We are an authorized Peripheral dealer (Which ensures you get a valid warranty)

DETAILS

This BRAND NEW PXDP2 and PXH2TY1 digital iPod interface package from Peripheral allows you to interface and control an iPod with your factory satellite ready radio. (Must have SAT or AM/SAT button.) On one end, it plugs into the auxiliary input on the back of your factory radio and, on the other, it provides the proprietary iPod 'docking port' input.

A direct connection is FAR superior to the sound quality you get using an RF modulator OR cassette adapter device. A connection using the proprietary iPod connector is also superior to cheaper devices that connect through the headphone jack because it retains digital sound quality and enables charging. It also allows you to control iPod functions from the radio AND display text on the radio, neither of which the cheapo adapters can do. This is done by replicating the satellite tuner functionality. Consequently, you must disconnect your satellite tuner, if so equipped.

APPLICATIONS

Toyota 4Runner: 2005-2008 Toyota Avalon: 2005-2008 Toyota Camry: 2005-2009 Toyota Corolla: 2007-2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser: 2007-2009 Toyota Highlander: 2005-2008 Toyota Land Cruiser: 2005-2008 Toyota Matrix*: 2007-2009 Toyota RAV4: 2008 Toyota Sequoia: 2005-2008 Toyota Sienna: 2005-2008 Toyota Solara: 2005-2009 Toyota Tacoma: 2005-2008 Toyota Tundra: 2005-2008

  • Some Matrix radios are made by Delco and are not compatible. You MUST have a SAT or AM/SAT button for this to work in the Matrix or any other vehicle on the list.

tia.

Bill Middleton

Reply to
Bill Middleton

the easy way to check would be to have your local dealer parts department look up the part numbers and see if they apply to a 2008 model.

Reply to
Ray O

They say they will only guarantee there own ipod interface which cost $ 289.00 plus installation compared to $ 89.00 incl. Toyota harness and ipod cable.

Reply to
Bill Middleton

The question to ask the dealer parts department is not whether another company's product is compatible with genuine Toyota parts, but if the part number for the 2009 and 2008 radios are the same. If the part numbers for the radio are the same, the aftermarket part should be OK. If the part numbers are different, then it is up to the aftermarket supplier to do their homework if they want to sell the product.

Reply to
Ray O

Your right - I did that and also sent a email to Toyota and got the usual canned reply - we only guarantee Toyota parts - so I went to my Toyota dealer again and they quoted the same stuff and gave me a price.

Ipod interface: $299.00 Toyota Harness: $29.95 Ipod Cable: $24.95 Installation: $150.00 all plus tax total: $544.55

So I went to a local Company "Car Toys" they installed the following: Peripheral Electronics PXAMG-A Inc IPOD Cable: $124.99 Toyota Harness; $24.95 Installation: $75.00 Total + tax : 243.51

Includes Lifetime warranty. works great and has more features than the Toyota interface.

Thanks for you replies,

Bill M.

Reply to
Bill Middleton