is 2000 model toyota avalon is gas compatible?

it seems not from the dealer's website. did anyone install gas on 2000 model? can i do it?

Reply to
leonardfoley

My godmother has a Avalon. She fills it up with gas often. And, she has the mechanic fill the tires with gas when they need it, too.

So, yes, like most cars, the Avalon is compatible with gas.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

sorry ,it's autogas for the fuel.

Reply to
leonardfoley

Autogas you mean LPG (liquified petroleum gas), why would you want to use that? I think that would be very inconvenient.

Reply to
EdV

yes LPG, why it's inconvenient? i can use dual fuel both LPG and petrol. and when it;s run on LPG it's very cheap. about half the petrol cost.

Reply to
leonardfoley

Inconvenient whet it comes to refueling. Do you carry a big pressure tank in the trunk? how long does a tank last? I dont know of any place near my house who can fill an LPG tank.

Reply to
EdV

That all depends on where you live - and since you refer to it as 'petrol', I'm guessing you're in the UK or Europe somewhere...

In the USA propane (LPG) stays right around the same price per gallon at retail as gasoline, but it is not as economical because you get about 10% less fuel mileage per gallon, the energy density per gallon is a bit less.

If you are an industrial user and buy in bulk you can save a bit on the per-gallon price - but you have to make a large investment in an on-site storage tank and dispensing equipment that will eat up the initial savings for years, and spend a lot of capital to buy your fuel in large quantities, because the delivery charge on small purchases eats up the savings...

The only real advantages (at least here) are not the fuel cost - engines running on LPG last practically forever (triple or better miles between bottom-end overhauls) if treated to proper maintenance. It is high octane and handles turbocharging or supercharging well. And it's clean burning enough to run forklift trucks inside a warehouse with only normal ventilation, can't do that with a gasoline or diesel forklift.

Modern fuel injected gasoline cars can be converted to propane, but EFI and engine control computers make it vastly more complex. You can't create a Dual Fuel car anymore by just plopping a metering body on top of the existing carburetor, hook the vaporizer to the heater hoses and turn off the gasoline supply - it has to be a properly engineered and designed adaptation.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

And you get to save on fuel filters =)

Reply to
EdV

The old 2.2L 5SFE has LPG variants. Not sure about the 3.0 or 3.5L V6.

Reply to
johngdole

Reply to
johngdole