jiffy lube scam

Investigative reporting uncovers Jiffy Lube lying about services they performed.

Reply to
badgolferman

That takes Jiffy Lube out as an honest operation...

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I go by a Jiffy Lube quite often. It seems every time I go by the employees are parading outside wearing huge signs advertising the price of the day. Haven't seen any customers lately. Ron

Reply to
ronbon

I know, I got ripped off but

I paid the dealer (Lithia) a one time fee of 350 on the Highlander (02) and 399 (05) on the Avalon (6 quarts) for a "lifetime" oil filter change - As I usually keep the vehicles about 5 years or so, I feel its fair return for Castrol 5-30 and Toyota filter 4 times/year or

3000 miles. It is a bitch to dispose of filters and oil in California, besides crawling under it at my age.

Ron

Reply to
ron

If it was worth it to you, then you didn't get ripped off. :-)

Reply to
Stuart Krivis

If you keep your vehicles for 5 years and change oil 4 times per year, then you paid $17.50 per oil change for the Highlander and $20 for the Avalon. That seems like a very reasonable price to me if you discount the fact that they are holding your money.

Reply to
Ray O

BGM, I'd love to read this Jiffy Lube muck-raking, but whenever I click the link, "Access denied" or "Forbidden" shows up.

Reply to
Built_Well

Make sure you are using the complete link.

jim menning

Reply to
jim menning

Or cut and paste entire link into browser. Watch out for broken line wraps.

Reply to
badgolferman

You have to add the 'sx' to the url.

Had the same problem

Reply to
Scott in Florida

URL wraped and created a broken link for me. Got the url after copying and pasting parts.

Shorten URL:

later,

tom

Reply to
Tom The Great

ME too! I keep wondering how they stay in business. Now I know.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

Why not simply stick them in your neighbour's garbage?

Reply to
sharx35

"badgolferman" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.readfreenews.net:

I see four of the nine garages actually performed the work correctly. Is Jiffy Lube going to scold them for cutting into company profits?

Reply to
TeGGeR®

They probably lost their franchises......

Reply to
Scott in Florida

"badgolferman" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.readfreenews.net:

Or use a REAL newsreader.

Here, try this unbroken link, courtesy of XNews:

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Scott in Florida wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

If they're gonna do that, I think it would behoove them to publicize the fact. Publicity would both reassure customers and scare the remaining crooked franchisees.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

I use OE and had NO problems with the Jiffy Link. Time for you guys to dump your crappy Agent software.

Reply to
sharx35

You misunderstood the post. It was suggested that the honest ones loose their franchises for cutting into company profits by not scamming people.

Reply to
Mark A

"Mark A" wrote in news:z_CdnVJeh8XGXm7ZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

NOW I get Scott's joke! I was thinking the other way around!

Reply to
TeGGeR®