landcruiser from africa

Hi,

Thinking about buying a Toyota Landcruiser HZJ-75 Tropical Version. The

car is from 1996, 250000 km and crossed the african continent and 5 months in australia,all together 2.5 year on the road without too many problems during this trip. ALthough it still seems in very good condition from the outside, some people told me to be carefull with cars that did so many kilometers of dirt road. Have been told that 1 km in Africa was the equivalent of 7 on other places.

Can anyone tell me something about the possible condition of such a car?

cheers, Charles

Reply to
charlesb

I would take a careful look at any used vehicle, especially one that is 11 years old. As far as use on a dirt road, the biggest difference is that there is a more frequent and detailed inspection and maintenance process.

Unlike many modern SUV's, the Land Cruiser is designed and built specifically for off road use.

Reply to
Ray O