Latest Mileage

You can see I don't drive it very much. 20 Years ago it would have had

3500 miles on it by now!

Miles Gallons Mileage Price Per Mile Overall Average

81.4 3.11 26.17363344 2.839 0.108467936 105.4 3.601 29.26964732 2.779 0.094944772 27.72164038 179 6.092 29.38279711 2.739 0.09321781 29.32622222 220 7.264 30.28634361 2.579 0.085153891 29.83457036 72.4 2.862 25.29699511 2.569 0.101553564 27.79166936
Reply to
Hachiroku

I go out for a coffee at lunch, and the cheapest station has the cheapest, best coffee ($0.65 for a refill) and is a Shell station. So I get gas and caffiene at once! (Beats $1 at work for 8 oz...)

When I was in High School, my friend always put in $2 with an empty tank. I put in $2 with 3/4 tank. He asked why I did it, and I said, when we don't have money, *I'LL* have gas!!!

I've kept my tanks full ever since...

I use 93 Octane only. I guess your mileage is pretty good!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Uh,

to the fourth paragraph:"One should always uphold the principle of not implying more precision than can be justified."

Reply to
Fishface

ARRRGGGHHHHH!!! HESS!!!! I had a next door neighbor who ran a Hess station, and he TOLD me, DON'T buy your gas here!!!

Did you see the post where I did a study with my Tercel? Slightly different car, but I managed 43-45 MPG (usually, right in the middle at

44) with 93 Octane. I almost laughed out loud yesterday when a woman that owns a Prius said, "I get 45 MPG". She bought her car new for $26,000; I bought my '95 Tercel in 2001 for $1400. It was a good car; I should have kept it, but I *REALLY* wanted the Supra! (I don't regret the deal too much on warm, sunny days with the roof off and 700 Watts pumping!)

All in all, it cost me $200 LESS using 93 Octane over 30,000 miles I drove the Tercel. Mileage using mid-grade (89 Octane) was 38-40 MPG.

I also tracked mileage over 240,000 miles with my Corolla GTS, and noticed the same thing. The difference wasn't as stunning, however. 31-33 MPG on Mid-Grade, 35-37 MPG using 93.

Reply to
Hachiroku

You are strange though, your fillups of

Reply to
Coyoteboy

Which can only be less than the accuracy of your least accurate measurement, which in a lot of cases makes monitoring mpg to .5 mpg pointless. But we all still do it.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

My '05 V6 Tacoma is about a penny cheaper per mile, based on my actual driving with ten consecutive tanks of each. However, Toyota recommends premium fuel for this engine, so it should make a difference.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Just curious: how big (a.k.a. massive) is the Tercel? The Prius is not a small/compact car. One can be fooled by its lines. In the US I suspect it would be classed as medium. And its mileage is delivered even for drivers who aren't experts in saving fuel, though not for bloody fool boy racers with no idea, of course.

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

Keepign your tank full is costing you money - youd get better milage if you kept it more empty. On a small light car the % increase in economy is noticable (1-2mpg on my old peugeot, approximately)

Reply to
Coyoteboy

Well, I also have two 20 year old cars with fuel tanks in PERFECT condtion.

When you weigh in the cost of replacing fuel tanks, I've saved a lot more than the $200.

Reply to
Vash the Stampede

I haven't checked this yet, but I did notice a decrease in mileage when I switched to 89 Octane in order to save a few pennies. When I ran the numbers, using MPG obtained with 89 Octane and 93 Octane, and using a 10 cent difference (that's what it is, ALWAYS where I live) then I come up with a fuel savings of $200 over the 30,000 miles.

I also had an Automatic Trans in that car...

Reply to
Vash the Stampede

All of my cars have plastic tanks.

Reply to
B A R R Y

He got 45 MPG Highway...

I was getting 45 MPG OVERALL!!!! My Highway MPG must have been in the 50's.

Reply to
Vash the Stampede

Ive had several 16+ year old cars and never yet found corrosion in any of their tanks, despite never keeping them full. The presence of vapours alone keeps them free of it, plus they are a lot better materials than they were 30 years ago.

Coyoteboy

Hi,

What vehicle/model/year is this for?

Esmail

Hachiroku wrote:

Reply to
Esmail Bonakdarian

Oh, Sorry...

'05 Scion tC, 2.4l 5-speed.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I *DO*!

I fill up every day at lunch. I live 22 miles from work, about 50 miles per day, and I like keeping a full tank!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Ah, that's just the Excel defaults. But I will 'fine tune' it; you are correct!

Reply to
Hachiroku

2,500 LBS?!?!? I WISH! This hoglet weighs in at a hefty 4300 LBS!!!!! I'll check again to make sure, but I looked twice, once with a friend. Shoot, my Supra weighs 4400, with all the bracing and stiffening so you can take the roof off!

It may be 3400, but I'm pretty sure it's 43...

I guess I should take those two computers out of the hatch, eh?

Reply to
Hachiroku

oh go stuff it! ;)

Reply to