maintenance items for 03 highlander

Hello all, I have a question about 2 maintenancecen items on my 03 highlander awd v6 w/40K miles. I plan on keeping it a really really long time, so I was wondering if it would be a good idea to have the brake fluid flushed about every 4 years or so, and doing a transmission flush, along with replacing the tranny filter (strainer) at the same time. I know moisture and condensation can accumulate in the brake fluid and w this highlander having abs and stability control, i thought it may be worthwhile to do this and maybe protect these components.

I already run amsoil synthetic oil/filter, and have already changed the diff's w/amsoil equivelant oil, so I am in good shape there.

thanks to all.

Reply to
mrmatrix

Whatever lubricant you use, make sure it is certified by the American Petroleum Institute (API) as meeting or exceeding the factory recommendations listed in your owner's manual. I believe that Amsoil sells some that do not meet API standards so make sure you read the fine print.

Changing the brake fluid every 4 years or so is a good idea, as is as transmission fluid flush, as long as you keep up with regular ATF changes.

Reply to
Ray O