Matrix VSC availability - 2WD or AWD?

At the end of this posting is a response I received from a local Toyota dealer in northern Indiana about buying a 2006 Matrix.

Regarding #4 below, this seems to contradict what I have found on Kelley Blue Book and other sites. I want ABS and Vehicle Stability Control. My research told me you could get VSC on 2WD and not AWD. The dealer is saying below the exact opposite.

So for those with VSC or who checked it out, is VSC available on 2WD? On AWD? Or both?

Bud H

*** begin dealer message ***

This is what we are finding:

1) The SP or Extra Value Pkg #1 is being built primarily with options CK and CF and that's it.

2) Accessory Pkg, Bumper Protector, Cargo Mat, Floor Mats, Security System and 16" Wheels are all options we can add aftermarket or here at the dealership.

3)EV Radio option w/ JBL AM/FM Stereo 6-Disc CD Changer in dash and Restraint System are both unavailable on current XR vehicles out there without getting QP or Extra Value Pkg #2 and they are both factory installed only.

4) Stability Control is not available on any 2WD units out there only AWD.

5) ABS Braking system is another one not available on any XR models out there.

*** end dealer message ***

Reply to
Bud H

Cliff Allo