More proof oil companies are ripping us off

1) You said "preceived (sic) supply". That's correct, but it's the perception of speculators that moves prices. 2) "hopeless liberal whiners"??? I never claimed oil companies were behind the pointless, erratic price swings. If you disagree, go find the text typed by me which backs up your accusation. Copy and paste that text into your next response. 3) When I (and others here) use the word "speculators", who do you think we're referring to?
Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Here's the evidence, again.

Jeff Strickland

He did his work, I'm doing yours. Here...

Jeff Strickland

I stand correct. You have yet to provide good evidence that speculation is raising the price of oil. Although the articles you posted support that oil speculation has caused oil prices to go up, you haven't proven it by any means.

Jeff

Reply to
dr_jeff

What was my original statement that you are saying I changed?

Reply to
dr_jeff

It also has nothing to do with the cost of the pollution generated by the oil, including the green house effect.

jeff

Reply to
dr_jeff

You've just explained why your not a practicing physician any more.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I'm not here to help you track what you said before, "doctor".

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

In other words, you can't back your claims. The usual.

Reply to
dr_jeff

Nice personal attack. Your best argument.

Jeff

Reply to
dr_jeff

It was an observation. Who would want to trust their health to a "doctor" who's so miserably uninformed? That's why you failed as a doctor. If I'm incorrect about that, then explain why you are no longer a practicing physician.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I've already done that. Jeff Strickland agrees with me, and that happens as often as a living dinosaur walks through Times Square. You've lost, "doctor". Give it up.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You're off from the very start. The number of US workers employed by foriegn oil companies is not as great as the number of american workers they effect by surging oil prices just to get profits.

That's ok though, you'll soon be paying 5 bucks a gallon for gas and you'll love every second of paying for it.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

Actually, in this case, they'd simply raise the price a little more. Thing is, it's as Hach said, you can do without an IPad or IPHone but you can't do without getting to work or school. The oil companies did an excellent job of lobbying away our chance at a nationwide public transportation system in favor of $.13cent gas. Now that it'd take hundreds of billions if not trillions to make a nationwide transportation system, prices of gas skyrocket. Coincidence? Not.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

I know lots of them.

I know many who, because of this recent increase, can no longer afford to donate their time, automobile and gas for meals on wheels. Old people will die. There's your death camps again.

The price of oil is near where it was when they pushed the price of gas from $1.25 to $2.00. Then the price of a barrel went down. But of course, the price of gas didn't go down. Now the price of oil is back around $100 again and the price goes up to $3.50. The price of a barrel will drop again and, of course, the price of a gallon won't go down.

Now, I know the rethugs who want Obama to fail at any cost will be happy because the recovery we're in will suffer because of the price of fuel. Do you care? Bet not.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

He supports high oil company profits simply because those he percieves as liberal are against it. Plain and simple. Pathetic too.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

Gee, Jeff Strictland agrees with you. So what?

Fact of the matter is, you have not done anything to demonstrate that speculators caused the increase in oil prices. All you have done is make personal attacks. So far, your best argument.

A problem is that we don't know how many trades the speculators make or what the effect of their trades and other activity is on the market. We don't know how big that activity is. Until we do that, we won't have a handle on what effects the speculators have. That, itself, is good reason not allow speculators play in the market.

Jeff

Reply to
dr_jeff

Why? When we used less gasoline starting in about 2009, with the recession, did the price of gasoline go up or down?

And who created the national transportation systems? We did. Instead of improving the national passenger rail system, we went for interstate highways. Instead of fuel efficient cars, we went for SUVs and pickups.

Jeff

Reply to
dr_jeff