mud flaps

I have a 2004 Camry XLE and a 2004 Avalon XLS that I want some mud flaps for. There are some aftermarket universal sized brands that are a decent price but I am concerned that the rear flaps aren't the same size as the front ones.

Does anyone have experience with installing mud flaps on these cars? OEM flaps are over $50 - $75

Reply to
badgolferman

I like these:

I'm not sure if they have them for a Camry though, worth checking. You will be the envy of the neighbors and they are very cool looking. :)

Reply to
DBU

Yeah, them'll look real good on the Avalon, ya varmint.

Reply to
badgolferman

You really need the model that goes clear across the rear bumper and slightly drags on the road with some fuzzy fiber hair. BACK OFF should be in big letters. Then a coons tail for your antenna (you want a big long CB antenna) and a bobbing smiley face in the rear deck with a pink flamingo next to it.

Very cool.

Reply to
DBU

Personally, I think you should go to your local dealership and pay the price for good mud flaps. Nothing looks worse than crappy flaps put on crooked. The factory flaps will fit right and look good, and the cost should not break the bank. I bought a set of mud flaps for an Accord I once owned. I liked the way they fit, and they were designed to actually fit the car. I would avoid aftermarket parts here UNLESS you happened to see a set of Acme Mud Flaps installed on a car like yours, and they looked exactly right, then you could consider buying a set.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

You're missing the Puerto Rican car window pom poms!

Reply to
homepc

I ended up getting the OEM mud flaps for the Avalon from the dealer. They honored a competitor's coupon for 20% off accessories so the total cost was $61 and some change. It took about an hour and half to put them on because I had to remove the rear wheels to get a screwdriver in there and lift the front wheels so I could drill a hole in the bottom of the foam material of the quarter panel. Squeezing the car into the garage to get out of the freezing weather was the hardest part.

Jeff Strickland wrote:

Reply to
badgolferman

I honestly think your money was well spent. Yes, you could get Acme Mud Flaps that one size fits all for less than $20, but when one size fits all it seldom fits any very well. Yosemite Sam with his guns drawn is not a very good look for an Avalon anyhow.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland