My first Prius rage

Prius rage has been in the news lately - now I really understand it . Fucking 'Pious' driver in a 35 mph zone, one lane in each direction. After *each* stop sign and light, "accelerates" as slowly as possible, reaching 26-27 mph after about a century. Repeat about 5-6 times. All the cars behind me becoming enraged at this fuckwad. Next time damage will occur after it's parked, guaranteed 100%.

Fucking pious fucks.

Reply to
Western Driver

Perhaps an aging nineteen sixties hippy still trying to save the world?? LOL. Did the prius have daisy flowers painted all over it by any chance? It would be yellow and rose colored flower paintings of daisies and a peace symbol on the ass end with the hemp leaf painting on the sides. It would then be a true peacemobile of the modern style and vintage. You just have to love these old hippies.

Reply to
The Benev0lent dbu

More likely, a today's Republican pretending to be frugal. Nowadays, pretending is about as good as it gets for them .

Reply to
FanJet

FanJet exhibits his high bypass ratio:

("A today's Republican?" Interesting syntax.)

Get real. Whatever you may think of the fiscal policies of today's Republicans, who do you really believe is more likely to own a Prius: a Republican, or an aging Sixties hippie (AKA a "gray ponytail") who not only wants to be frugal, but wants to advertise his concern for Mudda Oit' in the bargain?

Symbolism is more important to liberals than to conservatives, and so it's far more likely for a liberal to drive a certain kind of car in order to broadcast his frugality than for a Republican to do so. We Republicans drive whatever the hell we want to, and if that bothers anybody, well, it just sucks to be them. Not to put too fine a point on it, but I hear you can get shotguns with flav- ored barrels nowadays...

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller

Not where I come from. Most Prius Drivers are the Earthy, Crunchy Liberal types that think they are saving the planet by driving an 'alternative' vehicle, of course not realizing the engine is running 99% of the time they are driving the car.

The funny thing is, with the electric motor and the CVT, this car will kick a lot of more powerful car's asses off the line!

But, we DO have to save the planet, don't we?!?!

(If you believe that, I have a Pris to sell you!)

Reply to
Vash The Stampede

Your newsreader has forgotten your identity, Hachi.

Reply to
badgolferman

You have no reason to even suspect that was the case, let alone believe it to have been so. It's simply what you'd prefer to think because such an image dovetails so tidily with your sen- sibilities.

And to think that liberals are always carrying on about how they don't believe in stereotypes...

I'd say it's you, for reasons that should be apparent from what I wrote above.

What is it about the greenypants crowd that makes them so arrogant as to pontificate about the appropriateness of other people's sense of urgency? I've seen the same sort of thing from militant bicyclists. We faster folk don't want to force you slowpokes to drive at our chosen speed; we simply want to get around you so that we can both proceed at our comfortable pace. You, on the other hand, not only want to slow us down, but compound your offense by insisting that we shouldn't want to go any faster than you to begin with. What unmitigated arrogance.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller

Everyone I know who drives a Prius. All are very educated and fairly young, unlike the slopeheads driving their prickmobiles in an effort to compensate for their intellectual and genital deficiencies. I suspect you're one of those morons that drive as fast as they can for the honor of getting to the next red light first and tail gate old people so you can have that short lived feeling of superiority you can only get behind the wheel of a car instead of your pathetic life and your crappy low paying job.

Reply to
ToMh

Kind of like top-posting idiots hold-up usenet conversations.

Reply to
dizzy

You can keep your "Pris" But explain why you have such contempt for people who own a Prius? Maybe they would rather spend their money on a new technology than give it to the oil companies. I'd rather have my money go to Japan than to Saudi Arabia or Iran. Want to talk stupid, then tak about what conservatives want to do to fix the oil problem. Open up ANWR to drilling, now that's a joke. Make the rich oil execs richer at the expense of our wilderness, while not generating enough oil to make anymore than a temporary blip on the graph. People who believe this are people who have no concept of basic math. ie "exponential; growth Vs finite resources"

Reply to
ToMh

They are made of spinach and fart a lot. They chew on tree bark, drink (lots of) dandelion wine, shit over dead logs and wipe their asses with birchbark. They are true environmentalists and they want the rest of us to be like them.

Reply to
The Benev0lent dbu

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 09:21:45 -0500, against all advice, something compelled "DH" , to say:

Oh, I doubt the cars became enraged. They aren't alive, you know, and are not capable of emotion.

The drivers, now, those people could get right angry. And I understand it.

There's a liberal yahoo (I know he is from the bumper stickers on the back of his piece of crap Subaru) around here that insists upon driving ten miles under the speed limit, no matter what kind of road he's on. On the odd occasion I have to cool my heels behind him I wonder about the kind of personality that forces those around him to adopt his ideals. When we finally make it to the freeway and I'm able to get around him, he glances at me with this smug expression, as if to say that he's made life just a little better FOR THE WHOLE PLANET, and that he can't wait to slow me down again.

One of these days I'm going to follow him to his destination and ask him what the f*ck. I don't care so much that he only wants to go fifty on a sixty MPH two lane highway, but I can't imagine how he feels entitled to force everyone else unlucky enough to be stuck behind him to do the same thing by not pulling over and allowing others to pass.

He's probably just an asshole.

Reply to
Steve Daniels

Your fella reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw once: "I may be slow but I'm ahead of you"

Reply to
badgolferman

Hey Hachi, your signature changed over again.

I want Mike to keep up with the 95 LE S/C Previa I own. The only time it takes off slow from the line is when it's got a BIG load on it and on top of it. We smoked an idiot kid in a Grand Am the other day.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

Wow!

Reply to
dizzy

Well the kid sat there reving his engine at the light. He had a V6, had he known how to drive it, he should have been able to beat us off the line. The Previa is only a 4, and has 161 hp moving 4200 lbs. His car couldn't have weighed more than 3000 lbs. But then again, my brother used to be able to beat Z-28's back in the '80's with a stock 77 Corolla (2T-C) in the quarter mile.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

Your friends are all 3|33+ H@>

Reply to
Scott en Aztlán

Fits.

The Republicans I know love status symbols. In fact, they seem to live for them.

It's going to take more than you to turn this into fact.

Where do you live?

We?

Next time you run into Coulter, tell her "we have." You don't mind the four hour wait-to-talk do you? Seriously, what else do you have to do?

Reply to
FanJet

You have no real idea of what he thinks, nor of what his sensibilities are. Castigating the poster for the enquiry even before the facts are at all in evidence is, of course, one of your most endearing traits and we love you for it.

Imagine that.

The question here may not so much be about who the idiot is, as opposed to who in this thread is the most idiotic.

You say it, and in so far as driving speed is at all relevant to adult concerns, I can find no fault with your conclusion as such. The problem is, Geoff, that there is no evidence anywhere whatsoever to support the contention that your statements contain the least bit of authentic sincerity. Worse is the fact that short of subjecting your brain to a long and unpleasant session of fMRI assisted questioning, I can see no way to resolve the question of your sincerity or lack thereof.

Peeve: The existence or non-existence of arbitrary bodies is still very much a matter of public consensus and subject to the vagaries of personal style. Not only does this irritate those of us who know better, but it frustrates the enterprise of compiling an accurate encyclopedic taxonomy of arbitrary bodies.

For those of you who don't know, a comprehensive encyclopedic taxonomy of arbitrary bodies is a necessary tool used for the identification of fuckwits and other genetic detritus in the general environment we all share. There are those who think that the question of existence for certain bodies is satisfied by the use of the Orwellian sense of 'non-existence', but it is never their own bodies at issue in this instance. The sad thing is that before we can move on to more interesting activities beyond the mere identification and categorization of arbitrary bodies, we need to do something about the people who don't know any better.

Everything would be just wonderful if people who don't really know anything about this exotic philosophical stuff would just shut the f*ck up and watch their television. Unfortunately, they keep making annoyingly loud bleating noises and make general nuisances of themselves in other ways.

If only television was mandatory.

Regards,

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Then I hope, the Prius driver takes revenge, with a gun, and does everyone a favour.

Reply to
mrcheerful