Need helo cleaning EGR valve. Pls!

My 92 Tercel didn't pass the smog test and I need to sell it. I was told I can try unclogging the EGR. Could somebody give me some advice on locating the valve, removing it and cleaning. Most of the time I am a pretty good DYI person. Just yesterday I fixed my girlfriends car bumper dent.

I also might have to replace the O2 sensor. So some help with that woudl also be appreciated.

Thanks so much, Yan

Reply to
snowbrasil

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

And if you go blindly replacing stuff, you'll make a pretty good DIY dunce.

Aaaaaaand....it failed....why?

What are your numbers, and the allowable limits in your area?

Reply to
TeGGeR®

I failed the NO emissions test. The max is about 800 and I was at 1300.

Thanks

Reply to
snowbrasil