Need help: can I buy just a inner CV tripod joint

I have a Toyota Camry Prominent 93, 2.5 v6, Auto. I am wanting to know whether I can buy the tripod bearing kit for trans axle. I have been told by Toyota, that I need to buy the complete right handside trans axle at a cost of $1000 NZ, why can?t I buy tripod bearing cv joint kit separately, as most people may know a circlip holds the bloody thing on.

Inside the inner cv housing there are U shaped packers or guides ( or what ever they are called) which tripod bearings run in, well they are worn, when I ask other people about these packer thingy, they seem to think I lost my marbles or seeing things. ( So why can?t I just buy tripod bearing and new U shaped packers " these are the only things that are getting worn with useage general wear & tear")

Can someone please help me, I am looking for a quick cost effective solution, aftermarket, rebuild or able to tell me were I can buy tripod bearing, maybe I am able to have U shaped thingy manufactured by an engineer.

(Excellent car...... BUT a real #/!$@ dog to buy parts for)

Reply to
manpower