Needed: New or Used 87 Supra Factory Repair Manual

I need the real deal. 1987 Toyota Supra. I have the Chilton and Haynes books. Total crap.

I've checked eBay and Google and can't find anything.

If somebody has one for sale, I'd be interested.

Thanks.

Bob

Reply to
Robert

I'm curious as to everyones views that chiltons are crap. I have one for my '91 celica and i have had access to the factory books. They were near-identical and certainly for all the technical side of things (engine/elec) seemed almost flawless. Bodywork parts left something to be desired but they arent on my priority list.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

It's for a '91, but a lot of stuff is the same:

Reply to
Hachiroku

Couple more links for you. 8)

MK3 parts catalogs 86-93

MK3 electrical wiring diagrams

Danny G.

Here is a link for the 1990 TSRM. It' online (& free) and may be usefull.

around from there lead me to other quality information also.

HaHaHaHa, identical. Now that's funny.

The Chilton manual's are for someone that does not have the required skill or knowledge. It provides instructions on 'how to' change a fan belt for example.

The factory manuals (my model has 4 or 5) are intended for trade technicians that have the skill and knowledge. It does not provide instructions on 'how to" change a fan belt for example.

For what its worth (0.2c) I would think the Chilton (or Hanes) manual's would be the better choice for most owners.

Reply to
Danny G.