Never owned a van before. Some opinions?

I have a new 06 Sienna CE (no options) The first 300 miles - mainly city and short trips 18.5 MPG My ODO is now at 548 miles and I just got back from a quick trip to Palm Springs, CA area:

110 miles ea way about 25 miles of shopping in town for a total of 245 miles - 9.792 gal or 24.99 MPG. My ave speed was 60mph with spurts to 85mph - got to watch that downhill speed. Temp was a "cool" 109 deg F. 115 had been anticipated

- AC at full blast. On the road the manual AC seemed adequate. Short trips- the vehicle sits in a lot and then is driven only a few blocks - virtually no AC would be adequate in extreme temperatures such as this. Handling and directional stability at high speed and rough roads was excellent, power up and down hills to el 2800 hills - OK. Higher hills would benefit from a larger V8 . It did however hold its own in traffic without downshifting. I attempting to not abuse this new vehicle (much) during breakin period. The standard sound system is excellent with rear stereo speakers standard. Road noise is way less than my former ford van and Cad Seville which of course were both V8s and not V6 as the Sienna.

joe

LOL, i cant help being from the UK! :-)

Ours is the biggun, lovely car to drive, relaxed, easy to see out of and pre-empt accidents. Not overly fast but you dont want to be going fast in a big car! But i am just thinking you have different gallons to us so that might alter things a bit.

Yeah, it is in the UK too but we have both as the Surf's are just imported. Come with more kit as standard and all the fancy knobs and whistles when you get jap ones.

Coyoteboy

28 UK mpg = 23.314878499544217 US mpg. :)
Reply to
Coyoteboy

Ooh and i lie, its not the Amazon - thats a monster and pointlessly large. You guys get the colorado dont you?

Reply to
Coyoteboy

Could you be a little more accurate?

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I rounded up for ease of calculation, sorry ;-)

Reply to
Coyoteboy

ah ok....LOL

I used to work for a contractor that worked for NASA. On one of my trips to Cape Kennedy, I visited their time standard room. All these computers etc etc...that were synced with WWV and atomic clocks that had accuracy almost as good as your conversion...

I raised my watch to the display and looked at it and then their display....the guy in charge asked wtf I was doing...

My reply? Just checking to see if you were accurate....

Brought a smile...

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I recently installed some timer boards into a bunch of NASA real-time computers that are powered by GPS and connected to each other by fiber. The increment goes out 20 digits to the right of the decimal point.

Reply to
badgolferman

Did you check them with your watch? ;-)

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Huh?

Speak AMERICAN PLEASE!!!

Or, ay leat, give us a link to the different models... ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

LOL, thats excellent.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

So your point is to forget abt getting a van for use as camping vehicle and instead get compact car and tent?

Reply to
luckydog

How so?

Reply to