New Camry 2011 slows down quickly

Hi, I just drive a new 2011 camry (4cylinder, automatic) for 90 miles. I find that when I do not depress the gas paddle, the car slows down relatively quick than my old car. Is it normal or not? Thanks.

Reply to
fl

What is your old car?

Regardless, I would take it to the dealer's service department. In addition, try driving another 2011 Camry with a 4 cylinder engine and automatic transmission.

Does your car to pull to the right or left when it is moving or while you are stopping?

Jeff

Reply to
dr_jeff

Looks like you just might have it out of Overdrive.

Reply to
Sharx3335

As Sharx mentioned, make sure that the transmission select lever is in the "D" position and not in the "S" position. If the shift indicator shows "5", you are not taking advantage of the 6th gear overdrive.

If the car is loaded with lots of passengers or stuff in the trunk, it will slow down more quickly.

Reply to
Ray O