New Car Blues!

We just leased a brand new Highlander 34 days ago for 5 yrs....out of 34 days...I have driven it 3 times and been in the passenger seat 4 times..The rest of the time I have spent in bed in agony with my back.....I'm just sick about this and my h/b says there is nothing we can do about it....

I'm going to call Toyota on Mon.....and just wondered if any one in here has had this problem...or what I might tell them when I call.....I'm not trying to get out of the lease....but there has to be a solution....I can't live with the pain.....so therefore I have to stay out of the car....I'm just beside myself.....so ..if you respond... please....be serious as I'm turning to the only ones I know that might be of some help...Thanks so much....BJ

Reply to
~bert~

Sounds like a line I hear from people seeking worker's comp or disability. It doesn't pass the laugh test;-)

Expert Witness

I would have ask why she did not notice this discomfort on the TEST DRIVE! The five minute drive around the block with the salesman talking your head off does not constitute a real test drive.

Reply to
ma_twain

Relax. There is a simple and fairly cheap solution. GOOGLE "orthopedic car seat" or something like that. For under a few hundred dollars you can buy an orthopedic seat thingie that can be tied over the existing car seat. Some even have air bladders that can be filled or relaxed to your preference. And see your chiropractor. You many have a misalignment that can be fairly easily corrected.

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

Reminds me of the time I bought a used Toyota Corolla with 189K miles, back in 1973, seat springs were shot and my hemorrhoids popped out.

Reply to
Winky Dinky

Thanks for sharing that...I think...

Reply to
hachiroku

We have an 02 Highlander and had an 02 Avalon til last weekend when we got a new Avalon.

Point is that my wife had microneurosurgery about 10 years ago on lower spine. She prefers riding in the Highlander over the Avalon because its taller and better on her back.

Now, with the new Avalon might be different but I think the Highlander seats are not bad, at least with our experience.

Better get it (your back) checked, and enjoy your Highlander for next

5 years.

Ron

Reply to
ron

Thanks to all...

Reply to
~bert~

Just goes to show you that it all must be individual preferences... I also have an '02 Avalon XLS with leather seats, and just love 'em - even on long trips. HOWEVER my '04 Camry seats (also leather) are just terrible. Feels like a basket ball under the part of my legs just north of my knees. Nothing I do with the electric seat adjustments help. And yes, it feels ok for the first 15 minutes (hence no problem with the test drive), but after about an hour, it's all I can think about. I'd gladly spend several hundred dollars to replace that driver's seat with an Avalon seat. But, alas, it looks like they made them JUST enough different in the mounting department that I don't think I could do it without expert help. Otherwise, the Camry is a great car. .

Steve

Reply to
Steve Henderson