New Toyota/Lexus Models Coming Out In The Next Few Years?

I am planning on trading in my 2002 Camry in a few years when it gets to about 200,000 KM or 124,000 miles to get something more smaller, sportier, and decent in winter. Right now, IS 300 is the only thing I see in the Canadian market that looks appealing.

Anyone know of something else that is coming out?

Reply to
Car Guy

Mark Klebanoff

Put Nokian tires (I use the all-season WR) on that Camry, and it'll be MORE than decent in winter.

And it's a lot cheaper than a new car.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Sure, drive and price a 2005 V8 Lincoln LS, WBMA. It is already on the market, you need not wait any longer. They have traction control and posi-rear. It sells for $20,000 less than a Lexus V8 and after driving a Camry for three years, you will think you died and went to heaven ;)

mike hunt

Car Guy wrote:

Reply to
MajorDomo

Or better yet, wait two years and THEN drive and price an 05 LS V8.

At that point, it'll sell for $40,000 less than the Lexus V8.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

I currently use Nokian Hakka 1's on my Camry in the Winter and Michelin Energy MXV4 plus in the summer.

Reply to
Car Guy

Not so. I owned four Lexus V8's before I bought my 2000 Lincoln LS in '99, the 05 is my third Lincoln. I paid many thousands less to buy my next Lincoln than I spent to buy my other Lexus' over the years. I've saved so much money on the Lincoln's that I bought three of my four Mustang GT convertibles, over the same time period, with the money I saved. The Lexus' I've owned were indeed good cars, but no better than the Lincoln's I've owned

mike hunt

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote:

Reply to
MajorDomo

Mike,

Which Lexus V8 are you comparing with the Lincoln LS? IMO, the LS 400 and LS 430 does not compete with the Lincoln LS. If you're going to compare a Lexus with a Lincoln, a more realistic comparison would be the Lexus LS 430 & Town Car; and the Lexus GS 300 & GS 430 with the Lincoln LS although the Lincolns will still be priced lower than the Lexus.

If your Mustangs were the previous generation, I wasn't so impressed with their styling but I really like the newest generation Mustang. I hope the Saleen version I saw at the Chicago Auto show is not typical of Saleen's work because the body work covering the triangular window behind the B-pillars looked more Maaco than factory. The factory Mustangs at the auto show had a good fit and finish and would make an interesting mid-life crisis car for me since my first car was a 68 Mustang, 302 4 bbl, 3-speed. I enjoyed that Mustang, even with all the tinkering it took - the trunk floor rotted where it meets the rear fenders; the seat back broke, necessitating a milk crate to hold it up; the clutch pedal wouldn't return to the fully raised position so I put a spring from a gate in to pull the pedal up; replaced the water pump; exhaust fell off on the way home - one of my earliest experience with a coat hanger converted to bailing wire; the mounting rod for both front shocks snapped off, and no tickets!

The first generation Celica was patterned after the Mustang - long hood, short deck, coupe and fastback body styles, circular gauges in the instrument panel, double-sided key, triple-lens tail lights, recessed grille. The "poor man's Mustang" was a hit and the Mustang and Celica are 2 of the few sporty cars still around.

Reply to
Ray O

To actually answer the original poster by the time your ready Lexus will have a new IS350 and if rumours are true it will be available in all wheel drive. Go to

to see pic's of the upcoming IS

msb

Car Guy wrote:

Reply to
msb

You are free to believe whatever you wish. I owned a '99, '01, and '03 GT Mustang GT convertibles. A 2000, Lincoln LS that I gave to one of my sons and as well as an 01, and 03. I only drive RWD V8 powered vehicles, my Lincoln's have proven to be just as good as the RWD V8 Lexus' I was paying 20K to 25K more to drive home from a dealership that though because I owned a Lexus I would always buy them, at whatever the price he demanded. I'm '79 and own a 2005 Lincoln LS Sport that I bought in November and a 2005 Mustang GT convertible that I picked up on March 15th. Quicker than a cat on the 4th of July, tight as a drum. $5,000 less than a Solara convertible with a V6 driving the wrong end of the car. Just took it for a 2,000 mile trip through the south, so I could run with the top down. Over 24 MPG running 80 MPH across I40. Gas was $2.18. There was a time I was the fastest driver on the road, not today. Plenty of other drivers were running 90 MPH in their little econobox. I guess the price of gas is still not hurting too many drivers. ;)

mike hunt

Ray O wrote:

Reply to
BenDover

snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com:

You've got to be kidding...I don't even know where to start on this.

Where are you getting an 05 Mustang GT convertible for $5k less than the Solara? I looked on Toyota's website and the base model started at $26.5k and the SLE at 29.8. Both came standard w/ the V6. You must be an ex-Ford employee or have some fat discount you conveniently omitted..

Reply to
Dave Stone

Like I said, wait two years. You'll get a VERY nice Lincoln LS for WAY less than new, while the two year old Lexus--still very nice--will still be considerably closer to retail value.

Buy American cars 2 years used, buy Japanese cars new. That's the only way to lose the least amount of money.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Mike,

If you look at my post below, you'll see that I wasn't disagreeing with you. I was asking which RWD V8 Lexus you were driving before changing over to the Lincoln LS. I agree with you that a U.S. domestic brand vehicle will last a long time with good maintenance although I disagree with you in that they are as good as a Toyota.

I've called on dealer service departments that sold every brand but Rolls/Bentley, and Toyota's warranty expense PNVR was a 10th of the Big 3's and 10 to 20% lower than the other Japanese brands. In my mind, a manufacturer's warranty expense PNVR is the most accurate indication of reliability. I've done studies on paint finish and body fit, and in the vehicles where I measured the even-ness of the gap between hoods and deck lids and fenders, doors, etc. on new, 3-year old, and 5-year old behicles, Toyota was the most uniform, and the Germans were next. Of course, not every notices a 1 mm variance in body panel variance or more orange peel so they're not very likely to pay a premium for something more than "good enough." That was a while ago, and I'm sure the Big 3, expecially Ford, have come a long ways in quality and reliability. I agree with you that consumers have to decide whether it is worth it to them to pay the premium for Toyota, Lexus, Honda, etc. over a comparable Big 3 offering. Having been around cars most of my life, I'm pretty anal so I prefer Toyota/Lexus, especially since I can get a better deal on them and reduce the premium that I have to pay than other brands and I'm getting less inclined to mess with fixing them as I get older.

Reply to
Ray O

I seriously doubt that you have owned a Lexus for any period of time. It is my belief that you made it all up so you can speak badly of it. If you seriously think that a Lincoln is just as good as a Lexus, you're missing something very big. Stick to your Ford products and stay of this newsgroup with all your made up stories.

Reply to
Viperkiller

I'll believe that I died alright...but not in heaven.

Reply to
Viperkiller

I have a GS430. I'll take any of your Mustang GT's with automatics anyday. I've been them before. They have bigger engines than my car and have lighter weights. Even the coupes lose to my car. Why do they lose? They're piles of garbage, that's why. What other excuse do they have for losing to a perfectly stock 4-door luxury car?

You wish you get 24mpg with your car. I actually average 24.5mpg with mine on trips. I don't know what medication you've been taking but please ensure that you have legal medicinal reasons for them.

Reply to
Viperkiller

I suggest you go to your local Toyota dealer and find out what it actually will cost you to drive home a Solara. The Toyota dealer wanted over $36,000 for me to drive home a fully loaded Solaria V6 convertible. I drove home the fully loaded 05 Mustang GT V8 convertible for $31,350

mike hunt

Dave St>

Reply to
BenDover

I understand the all-new '07 Camry will be out in early '06. The all-new Toyota Avalon is out now, and with VSC should be excellent in snow. Bob

Reply to
BushkaBob

I don't buy used cars. If one followers your logic it would be better to wait FOUR years and save even more. In fact it would behoove one to wait even longer and get ones vehicle free.

mike hunt

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote:

Reply to
BenDover

In our fleet service business we service the vehicles of corporation, and government fleets. Since the federal deprecation laws require five years to depreciate the cost of vehicles, most corporation keep their vehicles for five years or 300K WOF. The corporate fleets look at the total cost of acquiring, insuring, maintaining, repairing, and replacing the vehicles they use as tools in their business. Over the years Ford Motor company vehicles have proven to be those that best meet that criteria. That is why Ford controls around 80% of all fleet sales. Because of that realization I personally began to look at the cost of acquiring, maintain and replacing my vehicles every two years. I come to the same conclusion in 1999 when the Lexus dealer what me to pay him $57,000 for a 1999 Lexus when I could buy the then new

2000 Lincoln LS for $37,000. I have owned both brands, apparently you have not. It's your money however spend it where you wish, WBMA

mike hunt

Ray O wrote:

Reply to
BenDover