"new" used Toyota

I just bought an '00 Toyota Echo, and have no maintance history on it. I took it to a dealer to be sure it was up to date on recalls (it is: 1/1), and sent a change of owner card to Toyota. The seller did the oil/filter/lube service before delivery. It has about 52K miles on it, so I did all the services listed for under that mileage. What else should I be worried about?

Reply to
Brian Gordon

Inspect brakes and tires to make sure they're not too worn, then enjoy your new ride!

Reply to
Ray O

Gettin' run over by a Hummer? ;)

mike hunt

Brian Gord>

Reply to
MikeHuny

The general rule for buying any used car is to get it inspected by a knowledgable, trusted technician - before you buy. Hopefully, you got it inspected when you took it to the dealer. The no maintenance history is what would bother me the most. I found a 2000 V6 Camry with a 5 speed - and no maintenance history. I passed because the seller (Carmax) would not guarantee the engine was free from sludge or drop the price.

Reply to
ma_twain

Nah, I paid $600 for my Supra and all I did was check for rust! I found a boatload of mechanical problems, but either I can fix them or have friends that can. But Rust is tough! On this car, that was really all I cared about. (I knew the car was running until the timing belt snapped)

The girl worked in a convenience store and would have strapped her to fix a car that SUCKS in the winter. She bought a Prism and sold me the Supra. I could tell by the look on her face, even though the repairs were too much for her to handle, that she really didn't want to sell it...you would have thought I was taking a baby away from her!

Reply to
hachiroku