No love for the Tundra

Sort of a silly complaint. At least in this respect, the Tundra is no worse than other 1/2 on Trucks.

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

or

Why don't those putzes aim their attention at consumers who buy trucks, but don't need them?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

How in the world would you, or anybody else for that matter, know whether a person that buys a truck "needs' it or not? LOL

mike

> or

Mike Hunter

>> or

We've been through this before. If you can't come up with the obvious answer to your own question, then any further discussion would be pointless.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

> or

That might be helpful indeed. I realize that this is 'the land of the free', meaning that people make their own decisions on which vehicle to buy, but I constantly see drivers in large minivans, trucks etc who drive alone and seem to tote only a couple of grocery bags, if that much. Yet they choose to drive a Suburban or Expedition (V-10). Among the more ludicrous are the LOLs (Little Old Ladies) who evidently favor Buick Park Avenues, Cadillac Devilles and Chrysler 300s, and who are so tiny that their field of vision is between the top of the steering wheel and the instrument panel, and unless their car automatically pulls the emergency brake off when they put it in gear, usually drive with the brake on.

Reply to
mack

>> or

Prepare for a stupid response from Hunter, who doesn't know that during WWII, Americans voluntarily made lifestyle changes for the good of the country. He doesn't think this is possible nowadays. He thinks that if we mention lifestyle changes, we want to make draconian laws requiring them.

Hunter thinks that retirement means shutting off your mind.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

There have never been Expeditions with V-10s. There were Excursion V-10s, but Ford stopped selling those. On the other hand Ford keeps getting trashed in the enthusiast press becasue they don't sell an F150 with more than 300 horsepower... Seems you can't win.

Little old ladies in Park Avenues are not a major contributor to global warming. Little old ladies do not drive very much and the current large Buick gets pretty good mileage - EPA says 20 City/30 Highway, close to the same as a V-6 Camry.

If increasing the US average fuel economy is a goal, reducing the number of the number of large trucks and SUVs used as commuter vehicles should be a top priority.

I am in favor of increasing the tax on fuel as a means of encouraging the shift to more fuel efficient vehicels. If the government wants to make this revenue neutral, then the income tax can be reduced on the lower brackets, or the extra revenue can be used to "fix" social security.

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

The problem is that many little old ladies (and men) never exceed 28 and a half miles per hour, so they're *always* doing city driving.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

>> or

I had a Grand Voyager AWD "Winter Beater" that went on the road in November and came off in May. The Supra that is registered in those months in between gets *ALMOST* as good fuel economy as the van did.

But, it also hauled my snowblower to and from the repair shop, brought home my new furniture, and hauled my band's equipment around to gigs. But there were plenty of times I drove it with just me in it.

It even got better gas mileage than the LHS that was registered year 'round.

Reply to
Hachiroku

And 5 mile trips are the WORST thing you can do with a car like that. Oh, wait; five mile trips at 30 MPH are even WORSE than that. The Cat doesn't get hot enough on short trips, and causes the engine to run less efficiently than a good 30 MPH blow off on the highway.

Reply to
Hachiroku

In WWII there was a military draft, but thousands of us enlisted as well. Today everybody in the military is an enlistee. In WWII most every American 'volunteered' as well to help in our effort to save our homeland from invasion. Today half the people are willing to cut and run rather than do what is necessary to save the homeland from a worse threat. When the radical Islamic nuts finally do set of a dirty bomb in this country the CO2 level will be the least of your worries. Some of us WWII vets that are still around wonder what did we fight for now that so many kooks think the President is our enemy rather than the radical Islamic terrorist that our military are fighting around the world every day. It's sad, in my day we would have shot a lot of these kooks.

If you want to hear about what true American will do for their country, look up the history behind Francis Scott Key, Fort Henry, Colonial American prisoners of war held by the Brits, and his reason for writing of the Star Spangled Banner

mike

>>> or

Mike Hunter

I wasn't talking about anything to do with the military during WWII. As I said, you know nothing about what Americans did voluntarily, and you have no faith in our ability to do whatever's necessary in the future.

I will give you no further hints about WWII.

JoeSpareBedroom