No Wonder...then what good is BioFuel?

That doesn't mean I WANT one! Some people like them. Their noisy, slow and they stink! And the ones that have been switched to run on friolator grease are noisy, slow, and stink like french fries, KFC and Arthur Treacher's.

What my gripe is that those who WANT to buy a new one in Mass, CAN'T. Yet another freedom legislated out.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Until every one of them can use biodiesel, there *should* be a law against increasing the numbers of these cars. You should be glad there's a law.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE HEALTHCARE ISSUES OF DIESEL ENGINES!!!! They are no worse than the healthcare issues surrounding Gasoline engines! You breath the output of ANY engine, long term, and you're going to have health issues. What I was pointing out was the irony of a state trying to 'green up' by making fuel for cars that aren't even sold here!!!!

ZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didja get THAT one, Peanut?!?!?!

Hachiroku

AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE "HEALTH" REASONS!!!

Making fuel for cars not to run on?

OooooooK...Wait...put another K in front of that....

Reply to
Hachiroku

Obviously. But, you can't make laws based on the opinions of 50-ish year old infants. Fortunately, there are smart people who DO care about the health aspects of dirty air.

How about this: It makes sense to locate the fuel close to where there's an abundance of raw material, and then ship it to where it can be used.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Correction: "locate the manufacturing facility"

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

AHA! Here's the rub: they can run on Biodiesel No Problem. The Biodiesel sold at the pumps is 80% Diesel and 20% Bio (if you look, you may see BioDiesel20 and Biodiesel40.) The only difference is price. Bio20 is about

15% more expensive than straight Diesel, and Bio40 is about 30-50% more expensive.

But a Diesel engine will run on Bio20 no problem. I don't know if any mods are needed to run Bio40. I know the place I was working switched, but I don't know if they had to prep the engines. I don't think so, because that would have meant shutting down, since we generated all our own power.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Where's the abundance of Raw Material? New England hasn't been noted for it's high output of Soybeans, last I checked. So that means they have to truck the raw materials in, and truck the finished product out (since last time I checked there wasn't a very large concentration of pipelines, either...)

The more I think about it, the LESS sense it makes...

Reply to
Hachiroku

I've heard about another crop that works, too. Before you crap on the newspapers, you should read them.

You're describing an event that hasn't happened yet.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Too bad you're not as well versed on the health issues as you are on the fuels.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I've been reading, eating, sleeping and breating cars since I was 5 years old.

I only started becoming familiar with human bodies around 18 years old. A Baker's Dozen years head start is a lot.

Reply to
Hachiroku

We aren't really big on sugar, either...

And perhaps it shouldn't...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Well, there must be SOME crop nearby, or investors wouldn't be building these facilities. I know the crop. You'll figure it out. It's only been in the news about 12,000 times in the past month.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Most that's sold around here is for human consumption or feed (silage). If we have another year like the three previous to last year thay'll be trucking that in from the Midwest, too. Last year was the first good drowing year when the corn farmers WEREN'T crying in years!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Good luck with your endless quest for information.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Well, what in hell's name are you talking about? The only thing we raise a lot of here in Massachusetts is corn and drunk politicians. Gee, I'm the one that live here...

If it ain't corn, then what the hell are you talking about? Quoahogs?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Sorry. I have little patience for people who don't care enough about their country to be aware of even the most basic information that's in the news constantly.

Die, traitor. Die.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

McDonald's Bugers? Well, yeah, we have 2 McDonald's in town.

Other than that, I have no idea what you're talking about, and beginning to wonder if you do, either...

The two biggest sources of BioDiesel are Soy and Corn. Beyoud that, anything else isn't produced enough to provide a good return on investment.

Perhaps you're thinking of Methanol?

Reply to
hachiroku

Maple Syrup is too expensive. Might as well just burn Everclear...

Reply to
Hachiroku

In reality, the traitor is Joe No Bedroom, who's sold himself to the Left and wishes to sell out this country to the Left as well.

Charles

Reply to
n5hsr