Number one

Toyoto sold 2,348 million autos the first three months this year. The runner up, General Motors, sold 2,26 million.

Gosi

Gosi wrote in news:1177401813.311780.265330 @r30g2000prh.googlegroups.com:

You are wrong!! Mike what's his name will be along shortly to explain the real facts to you and all of us. LOL I believe it's called fuzzy Georgie.

Reply to
tango

I prefer to deal with facts rather than opinion when a contribute to a discussion. Toyota sold around 9,000 more vehicle, world wide than GM, in the first three month of 2007, that's a fact. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

As long as GM makes one for me.

Reply to
Tim

How do you figure 9,000 more vehicles?

According to Tango, there were about

2,348,000 Toyotas sold first 3 months 2,260,000 GMs

----------- 88,000

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Of course I meant 90,000, the point is that is not even a half hour of sales. GM does not compete in many of the market in which Toyotas does. GM does not generally build the midget cars that Toyota sells in third world counties for example. One quarters results do not necessarily equate annual sales results. Toyota out sold GM in two different month in 2006 but GM still out sold Toyota in annual sales world wide. More importantly GM still out sells Toyota, in the largest markets in the world where their products directly compete like the US and Europe, buy millions of vehicles annually.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I don't know what you meant. You said 9,000. I took you at your word. Your logic is too convoluted to guess at what you mean. If you say 9,000, I will believe that you meant 9,000.

GM competes in the two biggest markets with Toyota, Europe and North America. In addition, GM and Toyota and other car makers are competing in the markets with the most people, China and India. GM is #1 in China:

But's not exactly true, either.

GM offers the Corsa, which is a small car, in England.

In China, GM offers cars that are similar to ones it offers the US buyers here, as well as smaller cars:

Wrong. A more accurate statement is that quarterly results do not equate with annual sales results. Obviously, Toyota and GM are both opening new plants in different parts of the world, have production problems from time to time, etc. The markets are changing fast, and, one would expect that sales change pretty rapidly, too.

Gee, I thought you said that they don't compete in many markets.

You're so funny.

Jeff

no.8078@trnddc02...

Reply to