Odyssey vs Sienna

Which van has a quieter ride. I am looking at buying a 2001 - 2004. I have heard the Odyssey front captains seats move from side to side. Does the Sienna's do this?

Does anybody know of a site that compares the interior noise levels?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
P&L

Road noise is not noticibly better in either one in my opinion. But the 'Oddity' has been plagueed with tranny problems in those years as well as sliding doors that stick. I drove an '01 and when the guy was demoing the doors one of the slider stuck right on que. I would buy the Sienna.

Or you could buy that other guys '88 corolla for 16k.

CP

Reply to
Charles Pisano

In a March 2004 comparison test, Consumer Reports rated the Odyssey as "good" for interior noise. The Sienna was rated "very good" for interior noise. In a March 2005 Comarison test both were rated"very good" in the noise category.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

I have a 04 Sienna and it's very quiet and smooth ride. I've never owned a Ody so I cannot comment on it.

Reply to
"Dbu''

The absolute best way for you to find out is to test drive both vehicles and find out for yourself. Chances are there will be something else you love or hate that will make your decision easier.

Reply to
badgolferman

The AWD Sienna is louder than the FWD Sienna because of the run flats. I bought a new Sienna because I found Honda dealers would not budge on the MSRP, while a Toyota dealer went down $5k on my AWD XLE with Nav. Just an additional data point for ya.

Reply to
Dan J.S.

I bought Sienna and I don't regret it. I was also put off by Honda dealers not budging off MSRP while some Toyota dealers in my area had pretty good specials. I ended up buying LE (pkg #4) for $22,800 before tax. Looks like pretty good deal. It is quiet too, Probably more quiet then Odyssey. Visibility from driver's seat is better too. BTW does Odyssey also have 5-speed automatic tranny as Sienna? - I think it is another great feature, contributes to quiet ride at hwy speeds, adds fuel economy too.

IP.

Reply to
I.Pavlov

The Sienna handles well and is quiet and comfortable. Its quality is excellent. However, get the FWD, as I did. The AWD has so-called run flat tires, with stiff side walls causing a very firm and uncomfortable ride. Morton

Reply to
Morton Linder