Off-topic - Hey DBU

Just happened upon this one.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I see Joe Bruno is nowhere in that article. I wonder why he's keeping such a low profile.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Maybe there is an upside to having a governor who basically has done nothing for 7.5 years. Natalie, I'll bet you know who I am talking about. I wish I could spent 4 out of every 7 days sitting in my beach cottage doing nothing....(oh yeah and getting free rides to the cottage in state supplied transportation - including a helicopter).

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Who's Joe Bruno?

=================

NY senate majority leader (republican). Biggest mouth on the planet.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

My wife saw Bruno being interviewed. She said he was low key with the "personal tragedy, saddened" type comments. He probably could have outdone Gene Kelly when he first heard the news.

Reply to
tak

Yes I already had read that, what about it?

Reply to
dbu.'

Maybe I have you mixed up with someone else, but I thought you said the GOP wasn't raising a stink?

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

"tak" ...

I'm showing my age, by getting that one, but ...

*snerk*

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

"C. E. White" ...

Oh, don't get me started!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I wonder if we'll find he was targeted for some other reason. A source tells me that the amount of money he was moving around was normally not enough for the IRS to get suspicious.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

They told him to take a walk in 48 or they'll assist him out the door.

I would have kicked his ass out yesterday. I'm surprised his wife was standing there with him. She should have sent her lawyer.....with papers.

Reply to
dbu.'

I'd say that was raising a stink.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

What colorful past are you referring to?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Nay, Nay, Nat. Surely you have a "Classics" Channel. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. :-0

Reply to
tak

You mentioned his colorful past. What are you referring to?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Why ask me? You heard something. What did you hear? I've heard nothing about a colorful past.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

IT IS their duty to raise a stink. The public trust has been compromised. This guy should do the right thing and fire himself and right now.

Having said that, had he had a colorful background BEFORE he was elected and it was made public then the voters are the ones who should fire themselves and give the guy a pass.

Reply to
dbu.'

I'm not aware of anything like a colorful past, and neither are you.

Here's what happening in this discussion: On TV or the radio, you heard someone use the words "colorful past" with reference to Spitzer. No explanation was given. You liked the words, so you repeated them. But, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

You're just repeating what you heard.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Don't matter slick. They got the goods on him. Mr.Clean should fire himself and right now.

Reply to
dbu.'

"tak"

LOL good recovery.