Off-topic: Meet me at the bar, Charles...

!#$%^&&*!!! AARP sent me a card!

I'm not turning 50 until May, dammit. Guess they send that to everyone who turns 50 in a given year. :-P

I'm so bummed...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I hate the AARP due to their politics. Particularly their anti-Second Amendment stand.

Do what I do. They have to pay postage on returned material. I re-package EVERYTHING they send me, including the outer envelope, fold it, even include other junk mail from other entities, and put it in their return envelope, and send it all back.

They get the privilege of paying for returned trash.

Reply to
witfal

Look at the bright side, Natalie-- you're just entering the *initial* state of your golden years: SS, CD's, IRA's, AARP. ;-)

Reply to
tak

"tak" ...

You're not helping, Tak...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

"witfal" "Wickeddoll®"

LOL I won't dismiss them out-of-hand. I'd have to do more research, before joining up, though.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I'm sorry, perhaps humming one of the following may brighten your day:

a.. Ringo Starr - I Get By With a Little Help From Depends. b.. The Bee Gees - How Can You Mend a Broken Hip. c.. Bobby Darin - Splish, Splash, I Was Havin' a Flash. d.. Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Forgot Your Face. e.. Johnny Nash - I Can't See Clearly Now. f.. Paul Simon - Fifty Ways to Lose Your Liver. g.. The Commodores - Once, Twice, Three Times to the Bathroom.

Reply to
tak

More Choices:

Herman's Hermits- Mrs.Brown, You've Got a Lovely Walker.

Marvin Gaye- Heard It Through the Grape Nuts.

Procol Harem- A Whiter Shade of Hair.

Leo Sayer- You Make Me Feel Like Napping.

The Temptations- Papa's Got a Kidney Stone.

Abba- Denture Queen.

Helen Reddy- I Am Woman, Hear Me Snore.

Leslie Gore- It's My Procedure, and I'll Cry If I Want To.

And my favorite:

Willie Nelson- On the Commode Again

Reply to
tak

"tak"

*snip*

*fwapping incessantly*

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Nat, tell "tak" that if he doesn't stop with the ageist gags, you're gonna hit him with your cane. :-)

When AARP comes calling, can support hose be far behind?

Reply to
mack

The same thing happened to me. Pissed me off so much that I didn't join for another 3 years or so after turning 50. ;-)

Cathy

Guess they send that to everyone who

Reply to
Cathy F.

I feel terrible, I had no idea a fwap could hurt so.

Here, let me make some amends.--

When you click the link below it opens up a new browser with a red background and a deep red square. Words come up explaining what it is about.

After you read it you may have a short wait before the music starts. It is well worth the wait. Your speakers should be on but not necessarily turned up loud .

tak

Quit complaining, I get cards almost every month. The only problem is that I'm only 28.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

"Cathy F." ...

I love that it says "return by March 30th" - I won't be 50 then, either.

:-P

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

BTW - I got a heavily discounted subscription offer from TIME today. It is a "Senior Citizen" rate. Ackkkk! And Grrrrr.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

"mack"...

*heating denuding fork, testing it with water*

Did you say something, Mack?

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

"tak" ...

Yeah, I know you're just sick about it.

:-/

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

"Reasoned Insanity" ...

Whoa - tell them to quit sending you that crap.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

"Cathy F." ...

I haven't hit that milestone yet - Time offered me a "professional" rate (probably got my name from a nursing magazine), but I already get Newsweek.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Funny, but I think he just remembered that he needed to do something else, far from the computer. ;-P

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

re: this last - me, too, via pledge to PBS. I enjoy it, but barely have time to read it, much less read TIME, too. OTOH, this subscription price is so inexpensive, I might go for it, anyway - despite that "Senior" appellation!

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.