Oh sure why not...

Yeah I know this is a Toyota newsgroup, but yesterday evening after I had just finished mowing the lawn, one of the neighbors (who is a manager at Hertz and gets his pick of any car to drive home) commented that his Chevy... Cruze, I think?... gets 40 miles per gallon. Not diesel, not hybrid, but still gets 40+. That's what the onboard computer says, of course... he hasn't done a total miles divided by total fillup gallons calculation. Car didn't look too bad, either. At first I thought it was a BMW, but then when I looked more closely sure enough it's a Chevy.

Any thoughts on this? Any other cars which get 40 mpg? Besides hybrids and diesels...

Thanks!

Michael

Reply to
Michael

Mr. Austerity

My 2004 Camry's onboard computer tells me I am averaging 30 MPG on all-around driving. In reality it is closer to 25 MPG which is less than my 1997 Camry was getting. They are both four cylinders. I don't believe nor look at those onboard computers anymore.

Method used: Fill up at same gas station and pump if possible at least

5 times. Click pump handle three times after filled. Zero out odometer. At next fill up divide total gallons bought into total miles driven for that turn. It has consistently been somewhere between 24-26 MPG on routine driving. Haven't taken any sustained trips yet since buying the car early last month.
Reply to
badgolferman