Oil Change Interval

The Japanese version of the 2.4L is said to use direct injection. Maybe the UK version is the same instead of the US version of port injection. GDI is more emissions friendly and maybe cleaner. Who knows?

(see

an> example - the 10,000 mile intermediate service includes an oil change)>

Reply to
johngdole

The engine oil change frequency differences between the US and Europe have nothing to do with any differences in the engines. All cars sold in Europe have longer change intervals, partly because the non-synthetic oils specified in Europe are better than in the US, and because the emphasis on oil conservation and recycling/disposal concerns.

Reply to
Mark A

Check the Schucks or Kragens ads. Shells on sale for 49 cents a quart THIS WEEK!!!.

I don't know what high society dino oils you use at $2.40 to $2.89 a quart. I use whatever Schucks or Kragens has on sale at an average of

69 cents (more are priced at 89-99 cents I must say). Shell, Mobil 5000, Chevron are fine, although I prefer Valvoline or Castrol but these are never on sale now.

Getting a decent filter is more important given today's oils are all pretty good. So for me it's Purolator PureOne or Bosch Filtech. Bosch was on sale a couple of months ago buy 1 get 1 free kind. So it's like $3 each! Others prefer the Mobil-1 or Champion filters. So YMMV.

johngdole

So how much a quart of ILSAC GF-4 (I assume this is the grade?) in Europe? Because oils meeting this European spec can be had for 49-89 cents on sale in the US. If GF-4 is considered the same quality on both sides of the pond.

Reply to
johngdole

ILSAC is not a European spec. ILSAC GF-4 doesn't even begin to come close to meeting the (European) ACEA A1/B1 spec much less anything current. (ACEA A1/B1 long ago being superceded)

Reply to
aarcuda69062