Oil Filter Location on Rav4

I just purchased a used 2005 Rav4 with only 3700 miles.

Several minutes of looking hasn't led me to the oil filter, and it isn't mentioned in the owner's manual. A Google search surprisingly came up empty.

Can anyone put me out of my misery? Where in the world is the oil filter? I hope this isn't like my other car, a Honda Element, where the oil filter isn't accessible without ramps or a lift - for the first time in my life I have to have a mechanic change the Element's oil.

Art Temporary usercode - to be deleted when spam starts. Use MyBrainHurts at this ISP to reach me

Reply to
Arthur Shapiro

If you gotta ask ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

ISP to reach me

Hey! MyBrainHurts, too. Mr Gumby!

At any rate, IIRC, it is in front of the passenger's side tire, behind the bumper and the front of the 'frame'. You may have to remove a panel or shroud to get to it.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Not a problem - thanks so much. That sounds fairly user-friendly.

Art Temporary usercode - to be deleted when spam starts. Use MyBrainHurts at this ISP to reach me

Reply to
Arthur Shapiro

ISP to reach me

Reply to