Oil on spark plugs

I went to change my spark plugs on my 1990 Toyota Camry delux 4 cylinder, and when I went to replace the spark plug, I saw quite a bit of oil on the old plug. I think this might be a piston ring or a valve seal, what do you think is causing this and how much do you think it will cost for a mechanic to fix it?

Reply to
benkillin

Was the oil baked onto the porcelain insulator in the combustion chamber or just on the threads?

Reply to
Philip