Oil prices expected to rise above $200 per barrel

But there is a lot of training and indoctrination that goes with the uniform. The military lifestyle has affected a lot of people, both for good and ill. And think Senator McCain and President Carter are two people whose lives have been shaped by the military.

There was a book by a Navy pilot, Shane Osborn, whose job was to fly an electronic propeller-driven spyplane near China on April Fool's Day,

2001. A Chinese J-8 airplane hit the wing of the aircraft. The aircraft was forced to make an emergency landing on a Chinese island. The captain of the plane and his crew were taken captive by the enemy. Reading this book (_Born_to_Fly:_The_Untold_Story_of_the_Downed_American_Reconnaissance_Plane_) gives and idea of the Navy way of doing things.

Actually, that was my dad's job during WWII (and anyone else's who could type). He was drafted in April, 1945. He was temporarily reassigned to Fort Wheeler, where his job was to help process discharge papers for our troops, I think mostly in Europe.

He never needed to go overseas himself.

Reply to
Jeff

I'll bet that like other real men, your dad never pretended he had a bigger dick because of his military service. And, I'll bet your dad didn't become sexually aroused every time he heard the words "nuke 'em".

Now Sot, on the other hand.....

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I wouldn't even say that in jest....

hachiroku +O+A+m+/

Actually, that's partially true. I tried for Air Force. I wanted to fly crazy aircraft, just like the real warrior I mentioned earlier. My eyesight disqualified me. The discussion with the real warrior and the chaplain came a bit later.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

This type of talk is disgusting and totally irrelevant.

If you have to use this to attack another person, you are sad.

Reply to
Jeff

Impeach them for what?

Up until now, you haven't played the k00k card, but you're starting to sound like the starry-eyed morons that live in my area.

Put the blunt down and rejoin reality, please.

Reply to
hachiroku +O+A+m+/

LOL!

snipped-for-privacy@z66g2000hsc.googlegroups.com...

snipped-for-privacy@d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
hachiroku +O+A+m+/

I meant in terms of his qualifications to post to this group.

Reply to
hachiroku +O+A+m+/

So, where do yours come from?

Mine come from living here, and having the *RIGHT* to criticize government.

Plenty of people who live in my area also do the same. Unfortunately, they're k00ks...

Reply to
hachiroku +O+A+m+/

(_Born_to_Fly:_The_Untold_Story_of_the_Downed_American_Reconnaissance_Plane_)

You should read Sot's messages before commenting the way you just did. Have you ever seen the movie "Dr. Strangelove"? That's Sot. A sick man who gets thrills from discussing weaponry the way a baby gets a happy look when it craps in its diaper.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Do ONLY comment in newsgroups, where it achieves nothing. You bitch constantly about politics, but you're too much of an infant to actually send your complaints to your elected barnacles.

That is pathetic.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

(_Born_to_Fly:_The_Untold_Story_of_the_Downed_American_Reconnaissance_Plane_)

You're not responsible for Sot's messages. You are responsible for your messages.

Reply to
Jeff

Kinda like shooting fish in a barrel...

Reply to
hachiroku +O+A+m+/

See my response to your other post regarding this.

Perhaps when we get someone in there that doesn't pander to the Left Wing so much, I'll take your dare.

With these guys, one letter from a k00k equals 1,000 from people that make sense.

Reply to
hachiroku +O+A+m+/

(_Born_to_Fly:_The_Untold_Story_of_the_Downed_American_Reconnaissance_Plane_)

You're weird. Someone compliments your father (and indirectly, you), and you whine about it.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

That's a bullshit excuse and you know it. You're a lazy sack of shit who cares nothing for his country.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Did the Chinese gut the plane of it's electronic equipment and reverse engineer it? What did he have to say about that?

Reply to
dbu

When talking with joe you have to learn to expect this from him or stop altogether communicating with him, in other words ignore, he hates being ignored.

Reply to
dbu

Which character in that movie were you referring to joe?

Reply to
dbu

I'm sure his father wouldn't have appreciated the totally irrelevant remark that you made about another poster either.

Reply to
dbu