OK, I feel old now...

OK, now I don't feel so bad..

LS? Are we talking Lincoln here? You DON'T own one of THOSE, do you?!

Reply to
hachiroku

I'm on this roller coaster young-old feeling. I feel young taking kids camping and rock climbing; old walking up a trail with 600 feet of elevation gain; young rappelling down the cliff.

Our local fire department visited our block party yesterday, I felt like a kid riding the bucket on the big red truck 105 feet up; old when that bucket started swaying and jerking around; young running under the bucket sprinkler.

I felt really old when I saw that some of the Cub Scout leaders are younger than #1 son.

Reply to
Ray O

So you're my age? I thought you were a bit younger, Natalie. Named after Natalie Wood I assume?

Charles of Kankakee

P. S. What kind of wood doesn't float?

Natalie Wood. GD&R

Reply to
n5hsr

Hey, my doctor had me on Geritol at age 5, so you could say I was an old man at 5.

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
n5hsr

Thank you, you have me feel a damned site younger than I did at the weekend.

36, now nearly a non smoker, 3 weks without a ciggy, but stil on max strength nicotine patches. End of this week, I drop to the mid level.
Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

You had me fooled too. I thought you were early 30's as well. It's that 'musician position' you have that fools us!

I'm your age and can relate. I keep *wanting* to believe I'm still really young, but my body tells me otherwise. (IOW, can't drink as much as I used to, LOL!)

Being a working musician doesn't hurt, either. :)

I'm sure you had a bunch of people fooled here that thought you were 20 years younger than you are! Good show!

Reply to
ravelation

It is a '41 Continental Convertible, present value around $100,000. The nice part is I inherited it from a fellow collector about ten years ago. ;)

mike hunt

Josh wrote:

Reply to
SilimPicikens

Well, you had me fooled. I thought you were early 30s.

I can't drink as much either, but I'm still crazy after all these beers.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Nope. My aunt worked (As a maid) for a Jewish family, who had 2 daughters named Natalie & Karen. My mom named me and my late sister after those girls, not because she particularly liked the family, but she liked the names. Thank the Lord she did, because otherwise, I'd probably have some stupid made-up name! I hated my name as a teen, though, because I could never find any cheap jewelry or stickers and such with my name. It always went from 'Nancy' to 'Nora' GRRRRR

OLD one

:-P

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Dude, I got married, had a baby, and got my driver's license right around my

30th birthday!

Congrats on kicking *butts*!

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (ravelation) wrote: snip

As the old guy said, "I hate getting old, almost everything hurts and what doesn't hurt doesn't work..."

Reply to
Gord Beaman

LOL

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

You'll probably never do anything in this life which will benefit you more. The Lung Association has a GREAT motto, "When you can't breathe then nothing else matters". You wanna believe it mister..

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Amen! A doc I used to work for had a wealthy (Now ex) mother-in-law, who actually came from an upper middle class family. She inherited small sums of money from various relatives, and put all of her cash into one stock (Back in the 1940s)....

wait for it...

would you believe....

Phillip Morris! Yup, the cigarette company. She's so rich she wipes her hiney with $100 bills! OK, that might be an exaggeration, but, still. LOL That same doc used to say that without smoking, we'd probably be out of business, considering how many illnesses are smoking-related. Oh, the irony.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Used to play an Open Mic at a nearby club; the band got free drinks (5) and I usually made sure they were L.I. Iced Tea, or Crown and Coke (and the barmaid sure didn't spare the Crown, either!) Only time I drink; when i have my bass in hand!

No, but sometimes the late nights do get to me...

But i wasn't TRYING to fool anyone! I guess I just am what I am, and that's all what I am! (and I refuse to grow up...)

Reply to
hachiroku

That's a good thing. :)

There's that sense of humor I loved in the Jeep ng. Is your PL8 still CRWLR?

Absolutely!

Reply to
J Strickland