Ok, too many things going wrong. I think I need a (ART!!!!)

  1. Matrix AWD? Kinda small...

  1. Subaru? Would love a WRX Wagon, but the same problem as a Matrix. So a Brighton looks like a better choice.

  2. Caravan.Voyager? Had good luck with the others I have owned. Available with AWD, and fairly inexpensive, but this will have to be a daily driver, and I want something cool!

  1. Scion tC. Not real good for hauling bass amps around, but it's a Toyota, it'a coupe, can be had w/a 5-speed, I'll be the first on the block (town...county...just about this half of the state). Add the Turbo and exhaust...reminds me of the older Celicas. Yeee Haaa.

BUT! I would like to be able to buy something and leave some money in the bank. So...

BTW, here's a post from the Dodge group:

THis morning. Got into my clicking, clacking 92 Voyager AWD and turned the radio up good and loud to cover the engine noise. Had a butt going when I noticed the smell of burning electronics. I was HOPING it was the neighbor burning whatever junk he throws in his wood stove. Then I noticed the wisp of smoke coming out of the grille between the top of the instrument cluster and the 'information center' where the turn signals, et al are located. Hmmm.....turned the radio off. Still some smoke. Used the windows on stores, etc to check the operation of the lights, OK. Windows, OK. Power door locks, OK. Should I go home? Nah, the Scrap Yard is on my way to the bank...

Get out of the bank and notice how warm it is outside. Hmmm...wonder what the temerature is. No temperature. No AVG MPG. No MPG. No ODO. No info, no light, no nothing. THe overhead console info canter was GONE. All the dome lights worked, just no info center.

So, the question here is, where does this circuit come from? Is there a connector behind the instrument panel? Is info from the IP sent there?

Any ideas?

But! The motor is still clacking away!

(And, for Art...any ideas?:) And, the LHS, which I was going to fix the minor little things on it, has developed a Burning Rubber smell...dammit. I was going to put $1200 into the LHS, $4000 into the Supra and drive the van till it gives up.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Oh, yeha...the other good thing about the Scion?

IT'S MADE IN JAPAN!!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

But what do you think about abortion? Jay Leno? The new house leader?

GAry Eickmeier

Reply to
Gary Eickmeier

SHOULD I be laughing? Yeah, I know, we get OT here quite a bit, but, let's face it. If you own a Toyota, there isn't a lot to talk about unless you're raving about how great it is, how easy to fix, how good on gas, ETC.

And I'm SICK of abortion being the sole issue (in the media, anyway) when there is a new Supreme Court Justice to vett. Get on another topic, PLEASE! I change the station...

Reply to
Hachiroku

I had a burning rubber smell on my 300M. Never tracked it down and eventually went away. They are paving roads all over where I live. I figure some tar got on the exhaust system.

Reply to
Art