old Scion xB cargo capacity

Can anyone tell me the approximate maximum cargo capacity of the original Scion xB? I've got a load of boxes-about 30 cu ft-would that fit. Thanks for any info. Ezmo

Reply to
Ezmo

"Ezmo" ...

I think you need to provide more info about the dimensions of your cargo as well.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

No he's not, Jeff. Read his question again.

Reply to
mack

It's a bunch of lettersize "banker boxes". Each is 12"x12"x16", so the load can be configured in a variety of ways. I guess what I'm after is the dimensions of the loadspace for the Scion xB. Thanks.

Reply to
Ezmo

There is 21.2 cubic feet with the rear seats raised and 43.4 cubic free with the rear seats lowered. How good are you at Tetris?

Reply to
Ray O

That's a good bit of space. Should work fine for my load-with some Tetris'ing. Thanks.

Reply to
Ezmo

"Ezmo" ...

Gawd, you guys are geeks. Wait, I understood that, so, I guess I can't throw stones.

Carry on.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Drat! Sorry for my mispuncuation! The devil is in the details. Thanks to all for your considered responses. Ezmo

Reply to
Ezmo

I am NOT a geek! I am a gearhead ;-)

BTW, I didn't have that tidbit in my head - I just googled the question.

Reply to
Ray O

"Ray O" ...

Ray cheated!

My world is asunder.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Well, I'll admit that I often look up information before responding since it greatly increases the chances that I'm right! ;-)

Reply to
Ray O

at 12x12x16, you can still probably "tetris" 2 boxes in the front passenger seat. =3D )

ssage

Reply to
EdV

After all the back-and-forth about space in the xB, it would probably serve to borrow a used one from a dealer for a while and stack the boxes inside it. If they fit, fine!, and if they don't, go on a search for something larger. (Plus the fact that one might feel a bit cramped and uncomfortable driving a car loaded to the gunwales with boxes - hard to see out of and giving one a sense of claustrophobia, etc etc. And because I dislike mathematical conclusions (which "should" tell you whether the boxes will fit or not, but in all probability will not) I'd sooner find out the old-fashioned pragmatic way on the actual site of the car and the boxes.

I'm reminded of the story of Edison and one of his mathematicians. The guy was trying to figure out the volume of the area inside a light bulb. Edison came by his desk, and noticed a waste paper basket full of his crumpled notes, and t he frustrated look on his face. He explained to Edison what he was trying to do, and why it was so difficult, due to the curves in the light bulb. . Edison, a fourth-grade dropout, told him to go get a pitcher of water and a graduated beaker. He poured the water into the neck of the light bulb until it was full, then poured the water from the bulb into a graduated beaker, telling the mathematician the answer (as the guy was likely hitting his forehead on the desktop.)

Reply to
mack

"Ezmo" opin'd thus:

Your boxes will fit. The xB is the Tardis of the automotive world; the interior dimensions are hugely larger than the exterior dimensions suggest, and they will expand as needed to accommodate whatever you need loaded into it.

Otherwise you might need a Yakima Rackima like I got to carry 4x8 sheets of plywood . . . .

-Don (grooving on his funky '06 xB)

Reply to
Don Fearn

"Don Fearn" ...

I was wondering when you'd chime in :-)

It's only logical that the xBox could carry boxes...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

The 08 Xb is roomier and has several hooks/clamps on the rear, I was thinking what are they used for and if you can strap child seats and instantly turn it into a 7 seater.

Reply to
EdV