One thing I've noticed about the Scion XA...

.... it hasn't emitted that sulfuric fart that all of our other Toyotas do - could it be that Toyota fixed that problem, or is it because the car has less than 100 miles on it?

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I've never smelled that from another Toyota.

Reply to
Josh

I've never smelled a new Toyota.

Reply to
badgolferman

Frankly, I don't even know what a "sulfuric fart" smells like. Could you tell us or describe what it smells like.

My Toyota smells like a beer.

Reply to
Dbu.

All of ours make that smell when we use either the heating or AC; apparently we're not the only ones, from what I've read here.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

It's a rare treat...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Rotten eggs - or your teenage son

LOL even hubby's beer can't overcome that putrid odor

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

That could be the result of cheap quality gasoline wreaking (or would that be "reeking") havoc with a sensitive catalytic converter. Had you ever tried different gasoline brands (regardless of octane)?

Reply to
S.S.

Isn't it amazing that a piece of gorgeous child like that can grow up into something who can make such a horrendous STINK?...never ceases to amaze me...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

"character," to say the least.... ;)

Reply to
PhantomS

Since moving here last June, I have been using Shell V-Power, hoping that would help, and it seems to reduce the occurrences of the smell, but it didn't obliterate it.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Yes! Craig's Odor Eaters threw up

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

You have EXELLENT taste! I sent a nasty letter to Rolling Stone, berating them for forgetting to add David Byrne to their list of 100 'immortals' - freaking Mad-Donna and Twitney were featured, but no David. It's sacrilege. I've subscribed to them for about 30 years, but I gave them the boot!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

How'd YOUR son end up with MY genes????

I was taking off my shoes one night and my 4YO son was about 2 feet away, and he cast up his nose and went Sniff....Sniff...Poor kid...

To solve this problem, have him take off his socks at night and change shoes every other day. After years of doctors, etc, one FINALLY asked me if I wore my socks at night. Problem solved!!!

Reply to
hachiroku

I have never had a Toyota emit the Sulfuric Fart...only my Nissan 240SX. And that thing smelled BAD!!!!

Reply to
hachiroku

Nah, it's a male DNA thing... Bob has stinky feet too

LOL

I always wear socks - it's something from my childhood, I'm sure; makes me feel more secure (I also close closet doors - pretty pathetic for a

47-year-old woman, I know)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I heard Nissans stink in very possible way :-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I was going to say I wasn't going to dispute that, BUT it did handle great and was as FAST as stink!! ;) And it just OOOOZED Cooooool.....

Build quality was poor and the amount of parts I had to replace at only

120,000 miles was atrocious.
Reply to
hachiroku

Same here, but the Dr told me if I wanted to lose the smell, lose the socks...

He was right.

Reply to
hachiroku

Since we are on smell

Why are men turned on by sight/smell of a female dressed in leather?

Reminds him of his pickup truck!

Anyhow, I've never noticed the smell from Toyotas But have once in a while caught a whiff on the highway. Possible as one of you said gasoline formulation/source may cause it.

Got only knows that we got to have the best/purest/sweetest gasoline here in California as much as we pay for it (Majors today are $2.499) in Redding

Ron

Reply to
ron