OT - 1SourceAutoWarrantee has gone under! We need help.

I created a Yahoo group to help us exchange ideas to recover some of our losses due to the defuncked extended warrant company 1SourceAutoWarrantee. If this is the wrong place to post this please tell me where it is more appropriate to ask for help. Lots of people got burned.

To join the Yahoo group post to snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com or go to

can also read more up to date official info at
you have an issue with 1 Source Auto Warranty company contact CraigWatanabe with the Insurance Commission at 1-808-586-2790 or 1-800-406-6144.Please forward this to other car groups.If I'm going about it the wrong way please advise. My email address is real.

Reply to
Steve Horrillo

FOAD.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

Those who are so idiotic as to BUY those bullshit extended warranties do NOT any sympathy from me.

Reply to
Sharx35

I'm not trying to be a wise guy or flame you. Just want some info. I'll be buying a new car soon and was thinking of getting the extended warranty. Why do you think they are "bullshit"?

Reply to
claymore

If you are buying Ford, GM or Daimler Chrysler..buy all the extended warranties you can. For Toyota, no. Read the fine print..there are so many deductibles, exclusions, etc..it's just NOT worth it..90% of the time. How do you think the warranty companies make money? Surely not by paying out claims.

Reply to
Sharx35

I've come out ahead of the game on EVERY warranty I bought. Even this one. I only had a few thousand miles left on it. I feel sorry for the one's who just bought it. IMO anyone who doesn't get an extended warranty (preferably the factory's) on a high tech car like a Vette is the one who's the "idiot." I got the one I did because the factory extended one expired and I needed one that would cover me to 100,000 miles.

Reply to
Steve Horrillo

If you are going to get a service agreement, buy one from the manufacturer so you know that they will be around when you need them. Also prices are negotiable.

Reply to
Art