{OT} A Bill to let Big Government Set Your Salary

How much of the article did you read?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I didn't read all of it myself, but I read that this only includes the businesses that taxpayers have money in because of our government officials giving it to them. I'm fine with some forced accountabilty on the businesses, but both Frank and Geithner are morons who shouldn't even be allowed to have check books, let alone have any kind of say in what to do with my tax money.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

The concept is sound, though. We expect individual welfare recipients to meet certain requirements. There's no sane reason why corporate welfare recipients should not meet certain guidelines.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

To go OT even more, I would have to say that there aren't enough requirements to get individual welfare. Lets see some random drug testing and forced birth control for those on welfare as well.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

Why do you ask?

Reply to
57states

Because you seem to have either missed, ignored or pretended not to see this series of words in the second paragraph:

"companies that have received a capital investment from the U.S. government."

Furthermore, the article's headline is not an accurate representation of the intent of the legislation. The headline includes the words "your salary". The deceptive writer hoped that would make a general audience think their salaries were going to be determined by the government. In fact, it only applies to "companies that have received a capital investment from the U.S. government."

Author Byron York may be the Examiner's chief political correspondent, but he needs to go back to school.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I seen it. Why should that keep me from posting the article?

Reply to
57states

Three reasons:

1) The article is journalistically defective.

2) You don't understand the article and why it's journalistically defective.

3) Because you said "I seen it."
Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You should find another hobby.

Reply to
57states

Can you imagine the "nut cuttin" that Iococa would have done of some of these brilliant minds would have tried to cut his salary? Barney Frank would have several (hundred) more to help him sing soprano.

But he did seem to be a bit better at the game than the current crop from Detroit.

Ron in Idaho

Reply to
ron