OT - An Engineer's Guide to Cats

That's even funnier than the newsgroup musketeers trying to converse with the adults.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I like this one better.

Maybe the engineer's can explain the principle of aerodynamics in this case.

Reply to
badgolferman

You *like* it? The cat was scared stiff & was flung against the wall. :-(

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

The cat wasn't even real. It was a computer animation.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

The cats own the engineer's WHAT? What possession of the engineers is owned by the cats?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Mr. "Owns everybody" is still at it? Incredible.

Everybody know's that folk's that own's cat's is owned by the cat's themselve's.

Reply to
witfal

This thread brings to mind the old gag about the difference between dogs and cats.

A dog thinks of his owner as "master".

A cat thinks of its owner as "staff".

Reply to
mack

I think it's more than merely a gag.

Reply to
witfal

Nah - cats get a bum rap.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

We have two. I think you're wrong.

Reply to
witfal

Definitely more than a kernel of truth, although there's quite a spectrum invovled. As in: the cat who would come running every time I called her, vs. the one who studiously ignores me when I call him.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Ah, but WHY did you call her? Food time?

Both of ours will come when called for food. We're still "staff".

Reply to
witfal

Nope, just if I hadn't seen her around for a while & called her - she'd coming flying, for some pets or ear scritches. Although she did live to eat, that one. ;-) If I so much as walked into the kitchen & she realized it, there she'd be, meowing away...

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

So you're staff just the same.

Reply to
witfal

But it struck me more as a doggy thing; so excited if she heard someone call her - no aloofness; just running when she heard her name, all excited, knowing she was getting some attention.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Cats are too arrogant to do "doggy things".

Reply to
witfal

Lobotomize the cat and you'll have a dog.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Right. Apparently you've missed intelligence tests for both.

Typically Boxers have the intelligence of a two year-old human. I've never owned or seen a cat that smart.

Even parrots are smarter than cats.

Reply to
witfal

Not Debbie cat. No arrogance at all. Zilcho. She was a super-benign, quintessential lapcat.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.