{OT:} Another Lifetime Ambition fulfilled

I got to drive a Lotus S4 Turbo Espirit today.

As Howard Dean said, "EEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

Reply to
hachiroku

Friend of mine who runs a garage in Australia had an employee who built a kit Cobra 428 replica. After taking a ride, he said his main impression was sheer terror and relief that he had survived. Apparently it would do 0-100K in about 4 seconds.

SD

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

I had a bud in the 60's that had a 289 Cobra with three Weber 2 barrel carbs. That was an animal.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Fastest car I ever rode in was a '69 Plymouth Roadrunner that pinned me back in my seat when my friend accelerated. I couldn't reach the dashboard until he let go of the gas pedal.

Reply to
badgolferman

A neighbor had a Chevy Chevelle SS 396. He let me drive it around the block with his kid in the back seat, so I didn't really get on it...LOL

Then another bud had a Red Pontiac GTO. He was a real nerd with the typical horn rimmed glasses. He took it in and complained about it missing at 120 in third...LOL

That was all in Texas back when the cops kinda looked the other way till you were at 120 or so.....

The 60's muscle cars sure were fun. Lousy carbon footprint, but fun...LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida

My first new car was the 1969 Plymouth Road Runner. Black top, red body, it was the 1969 car of the year, same color. I still have the issue along with my service manual. The car is long gone. I loved the simple lines and it handled very well, lots of pep. Sticker price was about 2800. I might even still have the window sticker somewhere.

Reply to
dbu.,

Oh yeah. That was the spec for the original. They are fast!

Reply to
Hachiroku

The 289s are rarer than the 427s by a far sight.

I thought they were nicer looking, too.

Reply to
Hachiroku

My bud bought the blue Cobra from a Naval Aviator that only put 6000 miles on it.

The thing had never been run hard. That changed.

Even the paint on the exhaust manifold had not burned off yet...LOL

Shelby made some wild cars.

I drove a GT 350 at a dealer in New Port News VA back then. At the time I had an original 64.5 Mustang 260 with three on the floor. The salesman told me the 350 was a bit of an animal compared to mine...and he was RIGHT....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Guy who used to fix my Volvo 1800ES had an Sunbeam...TIGER. Came from England with the 260, but when he got it, it was blown. So, he built a 289 and dropped it in.

Took me for a ride in it. Never was able to get the knuckle marks out of the dash! WHEW!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I believe I saw one once. There was NOT much room in that engine compartment. Talk about a sleeper!

I think that car in the back is a cobra!

Scott in Florida

Scott in Florida

That would be it! Talk about a BIG engine in a TINY car!

Reply to
Hachiroku