OT Are you Brits Nuts?

No wonder we broke away from the 'mother' country!

?xml=/news/2007/06/16/nbins116.xml

Reply to
Scott in Florida

and they worry about the Patriot act, LOL.

Reply to
dbu,.

Seems to ne that you're the one who was so worried about a slippery slope, re: a proposed bill mandating the spaying/neutering of pets in CA - that it would lead to the same in humans. Ha!

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

>> VCBQWIV0?xml=/news/2007/06/16/nbins116.xml>>

or... "me". I have no clue who "ne" is. ;-)

that you're the one who was so worried about a slippery slope,

Reply to
Cathy F.

>> VCBQWIV0?xml=/news/2007/06/16/nbins116.xml>>

Reminds me of the bumper sticker: "Support Abortion. It kills Democrats."

Reply to
witfal

What does that have to do with the patriot act and your rights?

Reply to
dbu,.

I *knew* you'd say that! You don't see any analogy??

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

>>> VCBQWIV0?xml=/news/2007/06/16/nbins116.xml>>>

That is probably why they want the present 'Amnesty' bill to pass the Senate. They need some more stupid voters.....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

?xml=/news/2007/06/16/nbins116.xml>

What do you expect in a country where television ownership is taxed annually and you need to pay a tax to drive in certain areas of the city or face heavy fines!

Reply to
Mike Dobony

?xml=/news/2007/06/16/nbins116.xml>>

Yeah, it's not like in the US people pay lots of money to cable companies. The money goes for programming and system upkeep in the US. The money in the UK supports the commercial-free BBC. Nor do people in the US ever pay fees to go through a tunnel, over a bridge or on a highway. Or visit a state- or federally-owned park. In NYC, there is a proposal to tax people driving into Manhattan, too. I hope it passes.

The things in the article, like putting trash out at a certain times (over an 10 hour period) and only at the curb, sound perfectly reasonable to me.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Are you nuts?

Here we put our trash out and they pick it up.

If I put it out back where they don't pick it up.....guess what?

They don't pick it up.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I hope it passes too. They deserve it.