OT:Army Offers $20,000 Enlistment Bonus

Quick Shipper bonus, what a deal, food, shelter, warmth and money!

Moe

In message news:cBVri.127897$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe17.lga, Moe sprach forth the following:

And the knowledge that you're smarter than your boss.

Reply to
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute

For some people, joining the military (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines or Coast Guard) is a great way out of the ghetto or a great way to get discipline into one's life. The military can be a lifesaver worth the risk.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

My father said that it probably kept him out of jail or from joining the KKK.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Unfortunately some of the young fellows who like the idea of the $20 K bonus will spend it on a new car, which will attract the chicks, but at the cost of about $5 K worth of depreciation per year for the length of the enlistment. But if he's lucky he can be badly wounded, and bad enough so he'll be cashiered with a small pension. Pitiful.

Reply to
mack

I don't think you have the memories I have of fast cars and fast women, I'd do it all again.

Reply to
Moe

Yeah, I suppose. But I went thru college with a succession of old beaters, finally ending up with a Pontiac convertible with a hole in the top bigger than a sunroof, and it got 10 MPG. The women were a different story....I knew that if they went out with me in such a POS, at least they had a sense of humor!

Reply to
mack

I didn't need the car, I was in a working band.

I'd do it again, too!

Reply to
B A R R Y

is that tax free? 20k in cash or in food stamps? =)

Reply to
EdV