OT: Back to near winter in Chicago

Algore, you f***ing snuffed it. We've gotten down to within a couple degrees of the freezing mark over the weekend.

Typical Chicago weather, either it's winter or it jumps up to summer with very little spring. But this year has been pretty weird. By mid-April we've at least got warm enough to wear sweaters. I'm still wearing my car coat. Plus the landlord doesn't know whether to run the heat or the A/C, so we've basically got neither right now. No air circulation in the apartment, either, because there's no fan setting. That makes it necessary to wake up several times a night and throw on another layer. At night when I first go to bed, it's warm, but it cools off overnight. Never does get quite cold enough to trigger the heat.

Before this bouncing betty weather is over with, I'm going to have pneumonia. High of 70 on Thursday, low of 34 on Sunday next week, the first weekend in MAY for crying out loud. And when it gets warm, it rains. My sinuses are already in revolt.

Charles the Curmudgeon.

Charles the Curmudgeon.

Reply to
<n5hsr

While I don't really believe in an intervening God per se, you and your trials and tribulations may yet convince me otherwise.(;-P

Reply to
tak

Yep, I always thought the weather was one of the most interesting things about Chicago. That is until we were in Disneyland (for me it's disappointmentland) between X-Mas and New Years one year with the kids. Flew back home on the morning of New Years Eve and couldn't get into my house for two days; snow over the tops of cars in the Ohare lot. All this while folks out here were tending their "winter gardens."

Since I moved the weather is not as interesting but I also don't have to burn that expensive gas in my snow blower, a trade I'll have to live with I guess.

Sorry; got to go now and pick some brocolli for dinner. Later.

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

*snip*

I'll trade ya - my A/C went out (again) during a sweltering week.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®